Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Rumour is that the MX5 will get it (along with Apple CarPlay) in 2018. So I’m guessing.....

Reactions: Clutch_22

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a sales person the other day tell me that the 18 124 is getting the the new FCA u-connect system along with several other 18 cars and i told them i think they are mistaken, but they insisted. i still think they are confused. If they do that the 124 would get android play.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I played around with Apple CarPlay in my friend's car and it seems like a convenient feature, would be nice to have it in the Fiat. However, I haven't seen Android system in person, but heard a lot of good reviews about it. Did you guys have an experience with it? If yes, what do you like about it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I hope it gets added to the car, it would bridge the gap to other cars out there tech-wise.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Too bad it's usually not simply a systems update because the already sold Spider's unit may not be compatible with Android Auto.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Android auto works great today if you just install the app itself. No need to wait for official support.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can install the Android Auto app on your phone form the Google Play store. It won't mirror to your car's display, but you can still use the phone's screen for apps and navigation. I assume that is what murix is referring to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks, but I don't understand this.

Following the instructions in the first link, when it says "Start car", is that switch to ACC or actually run the engine (I tried both) ? Should the phone be connected via USB at any point ? Car connects to hotspot fine. In the Run HU/Wireless section, I found Start HU Server under Settings menu (not About), but the AA HU did not start anyway, and the AA Settings shows no Connected Cars (Add New Cars is selected).

Do I need to download the second package and install that via USB first ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes. Sorry about that. The package needs to be installed via usb first. If you turn the ignition to on with the usb inserted, it should take a minute but then start installing. It’s been a while since I’ve had to. The instructions are the same as installing any head unit tweaks. It will go through steps. I can find the more exact instructions if it still doesn’t work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks - I've now got it on there and working, though not wireless .. but then I'm perhaps not so bothered about that as the phone will really need to be wired in for the sake of its battery.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Yes. Sorry about that. The package needs to be installed via usb first. If you turn the ignition to on with the usb inserted, it should take a minute but then start installing. It’s been a while since I’ve had to. The instructions are the same as installing any head unit tweaks. It will go through steps. I can find the more exact instructions if it still doesn’t work.
Thank you for mentioning this. I don't know how I've managed to miss it. Setting up a hotspot using your phone is easy enough, but the question I have is since the infotainment system (head unit) has such limited memory, do I need to clear out some room by removing other tweaks first, or is this AA tweak a low memory consumption app? Thanks...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts