Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what is the easiest way to get Android Auto working on a "56.00.521 EU N" infotainment system?

I've read 21stcenturyfiat124spider blog but I don't want to change the hardware. Are there any other options?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I think the short answer is "no". The Infotainment system we have in our vehicles runs on the Linux OS, and I'm not aware of an Android emulator for that operating system, or even if our system could load it. The system itself is pretty limited in available memory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I thought that AIO1.51 and ID7 Autorun is an option, and then install AA standalone from the MZD AIO is an option, but is this the best way to go?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Reactions: Kentsmudger

·
Registered
283 Posts
Awesome! Thanks did you have to upgrade your firmware or do the ID7autorun tweak first?
No, I haven't updated the firmware on my car ever, it's still on 56.xxx. You shouldn't need the ID7 tweak unless you're upgrading the firmware to 59.xxx or above, and that's only if you wanna keep other tweaks such as being able to use the screen while moving, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I haven't updated the firmware on my car ever, it's still on 56.xxx. You shouldn't need the ID7 tweak unless you're upgrading the firmware to 59.xxx or above, and that's only if you wanna keep other tweaks such as being able to use the screen while moving, etc.
Awesome, so as long as I need only Android Auto could I skip using AIO 1.51Fiat and just go straight to what the mazda link suggests?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Awesome, so as long as I need only Android Auto could I skip using AIO 1.51Fiat and just go straight to what the mazda link suggests?
I haven't tried it that way, I had AIO long before AA, but every update I've done with Android Auto was straight from the website.

Reactions: iassaei

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
As I state in my blog, the AA in AIO 1.51Fiat is old, so yes you are better off using the version just shy of the newest version, which was an attempt to get WiFi working. ID7 is also advised, just in case your car finds itself at the dealership, and they feel like upgrading your firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I state in my blog, the AA in AIO 1.51Fiat is old, so yes you are better off using the version just shy of the newest version, which was an attempt to get WiFi working. ID7 is also advised, just in case your car finds itself at the dealership, and they feel like upgrading your firmware.
Awesome and thank you for the awesome blog! Have you the tried 1.09 or 1.10 versions?

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
No, I've never tried AA, but there are plenty that have, at least on the Mazda forums.
So to confirm, this sets Android Auto up to run as a new window in the head unit, kind of like if you launch the speedometer app? And then when you shut it down you're back to your regular Infotaiunment System screen?

I apologize to the OP, as I was ignorant of there being an overlay app you could install without requiring the hardware replacement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts