Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
241 Posts
Trying to edit my post and even when logged in I can't edit my post to replace photobuckets pictures, any idea why I can't edit my posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Either that or you can pay Photobucket's USD$399 a year ransom money for 3rd Party embedding. I wonder how many people actually paid up?

·
Administrator
1,953 Posts
As someone in the IT industry I don't think this is ransom, it sinks to a whole new level.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. You can't possibly tell me that it costs $399 in internet bandwidth every year to link pictures externally.

·
Administrator
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're working on a way to roll out a mass fix for all the broken images, but no guarantee how long it would take, or if it's even possible, but we'll give trying a good shake

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
We're working on a way to roll out a mass fix for all the broken images, but no guarantee how long it would take, or if it's even possible, but we'll give trying a good shake

Kevin
I can't imagine a quick "solution" unless it's technically achievable to remove the edit time limit on every post that contains a Photobucket link and maybe message the poster of all of their broken links.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
As someone in the IT industry I don't think this is ransom, it sinks to a whole new level.
Seeing as it happened the week after the Petya ransomwear attack, I thought they'd taken inspiration from the Ukrainians.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can't imagine a quick "solution" unless it's technically achievable to remove the edit time limit on every post that contains a Photobucket link and maybe message the poster of all of their broken links.
Tried to fix mine and can't due to not being able to edit your own post after 24hrs, any particular reason for this as I'm on other forums and they allow editing of posts at anytime

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Tried to fix mine and can't due to not being able to edit your own post after 24hrs, any particular reason for this as I'm on other forums and they allow editing of posts at anytime
It used to be an hour and we increased it to 24 hrs. Certainly without lifting that limit we can't expect people to fix their own posts. That's why I was wondering if it was technically possible to selectively remove the edit time limit on any post that contained a PB link.....and maybe alert the poster of all of their PB linked posts via a PM at the same time.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Folks, can we just lift the editing restrictions?

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Folks, can we just lift the editing restrictions?
If we cannot do anything as clever as selective editing derestrictions on posts containing PB links, then I don't see much harm in taking the leash off...even if we only open it up for a month. I participate in other forums with no editing time limits and it doesn't noticeably impact their continuity.

Let's see what the other mods/admin think. I have no objection.

·
Administrator
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A specialized tool to just fix pb links is kind of the thing we are hoping to develop. Some have already found their own version of this.

If you are using Chrome, this extension fixes broken PB images: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=enm

Got passed on to me by another site. So far, it's working great.

As for lifting the edit window, we can definitely do what you suggest RBH58, and lift it for a period of time to allow users to fix broken links. We don't like leaving it open-ended forever to ensure the integrity of older threads.

Kevin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts