Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a couple of days ago when driving without music I hear a fan noise on the right side of the dash that starts to be annoying.
I already switched the fan to off completely a few times to get some peace. When I switch it on again, I hear a general soft blowing (heating) across the windshield which doesn't bother me but the annoying sound starts again on the passenger side. A little rattle.

Maybe it was there all the time but I'm driving this car since October every day for more than an hour and I never noticed it before...
Anyone else noticed this?
Apologies if you didn't but now do ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue for me just started today. Might be cold related but it sounds like a fan motor. Has anyone removed the dashboard before? I like doing work myself if its straight forward.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I've had other vehicles that would develop a fan squeal noise during cold months, but not during warmer weather. My experience with those vehicles was that after driving for a bit, the noise would stop. So likely a cold contraction rub of some sort would be my best guess. Replacing the whole fan assembly would be a bit extreme, but if it really annoys you and you're still under warranty.... follow up with your dealer while you still have the potential to get it addressed at not extra personal cost.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had this with my BRZ and it started during the winter. What I did was remove the in-cabin air filter and spray wd40 all over the top of fan motor. Then I put the filter back in. Worked like a charm! No idea if it would work here. If under warrantee, just get the fan motor replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts