Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
345 Posts
There are tweaks you can do to your software, depending on what version you have. If you have a 2017 or early '18 model, you may be able to apply the tweaks via the USB port. If you have a later '18 through 2020 model, you'll have to first apply a hack via the serial port on the infotainment system. It means you'd have to disassemble the dash to get access to the serial port on the rear of the system. Once you do that, and apply the id7 or id7v2 patch as appropriate, you'll keep the ability to tweak via the USB port. One of the available tweaks is to remove the startup nag screen. The instructions for patching the software are included in the steps for installing the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto upgrade here. A lot of improvements can be done to the system, as these guys at Mazdatweaks have developed.

·
Registered
2018 Classica
14 Posts
I’ve turned it off and tweaked a bunch of additional setting - my favorite was the addition of the speedometer, option e!

I followed the instructions here, and the author - Ameridan - is on this board as well:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
There are too many tweaks that I love that it's too long a list to write, but the one that I find most useful is the one where you can use your nav touchscreen while the vehicle is in motion. When doing long road trips in unfamiliar areas, I find it invaluable to see the list of upcoming exits and what services they provide access to.... and then being able to click on one... see what item I need (fuel, food....), and then quickly add it as a waypoint. The only downside of that is that the right hand "exit services" list only appears when you're on major highways and interstates.

Reactions: NE_Fiat

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Cal, you can search for "restaurants near me" (or fuel...) and scroll thru the list, looking at those with a forward facing arrow, whenever you are feeling hungry ;)
Yes, I use that when I'm on roads where the right hand sidebar doesn't display. And then you can select the option for something like "along my route", which doesn't tell you about ones that are behind you, or thirty miles off the highway you're travelling on..... but I'm in love with that sidebar! lol

Reactions: ameridan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts