Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Good choice and welcome buckeye. Sorry you had to set foot in that state up North.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds just like the one I drove from Columbus to Pittsburgh last month. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm under the impression a "stripped" 124 is not a big seller. When I called the Dealer Friday eve they made sure I understood the only two options were the Brembos and Recaros. Just what I wanted.
My wife's first car was a 124 back in the mid-70's. I bought a leftover Lancia Beta Coupe in '83 and restored a Zagato to show condition in '03. The Zagato was sold in '14 to pay for our Son's education and now that he's on his own the Spider is our new toy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Over in the east/central area. Coshocton County. I believe as of today, I may have the nicest Spider in my County. ;)

http://www.fiatusaofannarbor.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-dcbf37b40a0e0ae70a79be6fceb71e03.htm Or it least is was att his dealer. :D

I must add that of all the dealers I visited or called, Suburban Alfa & Fiat is by far the most knowlegable of all. I have nothing but good to say about them.
Ah, bit of a ways from me!

Another local Abarth owner and I have gotten together a few times to install stuff and talk shop. We actually park in the same garage for work and randomly caught each other one day.

Reach out if you're ever passing through my neck of the woods! I know you've got options much closer to you, but any other SW Ohioans that find this thread, Jake Sweeny Fiat/Alfa Romeo across the river in Florence, KY has an absolutely outstanding service department in my experience and will also happily install any custom parts you bring them at fair prices.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats, fellow Ohioan.

Ah, bit of a ways from me!

Another local Abarth owner and I have gotten together a few times to install stuff and talk shop. We actually park in the same garage for work and randomly caught each other one day.

Reach out if you're ever passing through my neck of the woods! I know you've got options much closer to you, but any other SW Ohioans that find this thread, Jake Sweeny Fiat/Alfa Romeo across the river in Florence, KY has an absolutely outstanding service department in my experience and will also happily install any custom parts you bring them at fair prices.

Congrats again!
Can confirm. I'm in the Dayton area and bought mine from them.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I'm under the impression a "stripped" 124 is not a big seller. When I called the Dealer Friday eve they made sure I understood the only two options were the Brembos and Recaros. Just what I wanted.
My wife's first car was a 124 back in the mid-70's. I bought a leftover Lancia Beta Coupe in '83 and restored a Zagato to show condition in '03. The Zagato was sold in '14 to pay for our Son's education and now that he's on his own the Spider is our new toy.
Exactly what I thought. And you can add Navigation for $100 with an EBAY card. (SCION or Toyota 1A). You got heated seats, something I thought I wouldn't care about, but turned out to be a good thing. Adds at least 10 degrees to the minimum temperature for top down riding. Climate control, HD radio, hill assist, rain sensitive wipers, remote keyless entry, Infotainment System - isn't like you are driving "just" a stripped down sporty car. And Coshocton County puts you within easy reach of some of Ohio's best roads. We should compare notes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, fellow Ohioan.

Can confirm. I'm in the Dayton area and bought mine from them.
It's good to hear owners speak highly of the dealers. In many forums for cars or bikes they are referred to as "Stealers"

We took the Abarth out for a little spin. 44 degrees and the top down. New convertible owners....;)

·
Banned
425 Posts
It's good to hear owners speak highly of the dealers. In many forums for cars or bikes they are referred to as "Stealers"

We took the Abarth out for a little spin. 44 degrees and the top down. New convertible owners....;)
Told you those heated seats would come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The roads around here are some of Ohio's most efficient at turning gasoline into brake dust. As a long time motorcycle rider I know to never drive faster than your eyes can see. With a moderate Amish presence here it's the only safe way to joyride. SR93, 541 & 751 are some of the few. SR258 is a real fun one but it's a killer for the kids on the crotchrockets. Again, gasoline to brake dust. They haven't figured that one out.

·
Banned
425 Posts
The roads around here are some of Ohio's most efficient at turning gasoline into brake dust. As a long time motorcycle rider I know to never drive faster than your eyes can see. With a moderate Amish presence here it's the only safe way to joyride. SR93, 541 & 751 are some of the few. SR258 is a real fun one but it's a killer for the kids on the crotchrockets. Again, gasoline to brake dust. They haven't figured that one out.
Yes done them all on my bikes. Some fun stuff. Did 258 at night once - long story - that was some spooky ride. And yep, encountered a buggy even at that time. Did a double take trying to figure out what those lights were. They are great roads but my favorites are up and down from the River. Just much fewer people, driveways, and traffic, although the sight lines are still challenging. Roads look like someone just dipped a giant paint roller into a tub of asphalt and started running it up and down the hills - no grading necessary. Did rt 556 to 145 to 26 to 78 to 536 back to rt 7 two weeks ago in the Abarth - Highly Recommended.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts