Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Hi all,

just picked up my Red Abarth in Calgary... Hello.... where on earth is the block heater?
Actually it's in your garage, >:)>:) You plan to use it in winter. anyway welcome on bord.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congrats on the new Spider and welcome to the forum! Guessing you'll have to put it into hibernation soon after picking it up if the weather is and indication.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I've got it in for winterizin', putting a set of studded Hakka 8's on it as we speak.. I've got our Volvo for the more inclimate serious mountain stuff, but used my 2013 Abarth to go everywhere in winter... should be a gas as a daily 4 season runabout.

·
Banned
425 Posts
It is equipped with a feature that won't let you start the car if the temperature is below -30 C. You'll have to warm the sensor too! Welcome aboard and you better hurry down here where it is warm enough to drive while the borders are still open.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't believe it comes fitted with one, however there is an OEM part available for the 500 I'm assuming you could use. Search the threads for the part number, it's been posted before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is part of the winter add-ons. CAD 428 installed, I'd like to save the turbo some cold weather stress.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
That is part of the winter add-ons. CAD 428 installed, I'd like to save the turbo some cold weather stress.

Then keep it in the warm (winterize it in the garage) your turnbo will :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts