Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H&R part #29135-2 (the #2 being specific to Abarth models)
I ordered these springs from a distributor in Germany.

When doing this install, we made sure the suspension was fully compressed before torquing the upper control arm bolts and lower shock bolts. We used a floor jack under each hub till the car started to lift off the hoist before torquing the bolts.

I measured a 1.25" drop on the front, but more interestingly, a 1.75" drop on the rear. The car rides a little firmer but that was to be expected. Not harsh. So far I haven't had any issues with ground clearance.

(Update)The ride height from the centre of the wheel to the upper fender is about 12.75" front and rear.

Very pleased with the results.

Before and After

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
That’s a very low drop in the rear, interesting

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice did you Wrench it yourself? Where did you order the suspension?

Looking for a place to source to Canada
Me and a friend. It was a walk in the park honestly.

Tunershop GmbH.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s a very low drop in the rear, interesting
I was surprised too. Maybe my car sat a little high in the rear or I somehow screwed up basic measurements! That said, the gap is about one finger front and rear.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I was surprised too. Maybe my car sat a little high in the rear or I somehow screwed up basic measurements! That said, the gap is about one finger front and rear.
Mine is 2 fingers (from 4). Maybe its better that way so I don’t issues fitting the 235/40 tires I want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for sharing Azzurro, I've been holding off only because I don't want the ride quality to become too harsh. This is a cruiser for me not a track car. But it looks so good, how's the ride comfort?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Thanks for sharing Azzurro, I've been holding off only because I don't want the ride quality to become too harsh. This is a cruiser for me not a track car. But it looks so good, how's the ride comfort?
Like I said in my review, you can’t really notice a drop in comfort.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put 200km on the car today driving country roads. Got a nice sunburn.:LOL: I'm very happy with the ride. It is firmer, cant deny that, but the Bilsteins do a great job soaking up any harshness. It's perfectly livable even over rough surfaces. No issues with ground clearance either so far and I hit plenty of iffy patches of poorly maintained road throughout the day.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts