Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes gentlemen, of course few ladies,
My anti-Depressive solution has arrived along with its duster. It s not a Die but a Linving Cast 1:18 Costa Brava
124 spider.
Now I have it at eye view. Feeling Better

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
they seriously NEED to make the cover available...there IS NO way that feather tickler is gonna keep your "Eye-View" clean.

aloha mike

ps...looks good!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike the package was well wrapped
car was in a sterofoam mold.
9 days shipping
Very professional packing from China

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I meant the plastic cover for display. (enclosure) It's never available on the top speed's site...like the cars themselves. I had to put mine in a different one to keep the dust and little hands off of it...big hands too.

aloha mike

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have that cover made
maybe I ll put a parsol keeps dust off
lol

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Frank, be sure not to let treetopflyer see it, he may have a nervous breakdown, lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still waiting for mine. I always assume anything I order from Asia will take a month to get to Canada.

·
Registered
635 Posts
HaZ:
Loved that video link...they guy is driving in he UK with the steering wheel on the wrong side...loved the "no damage T-bone" incident. If only real life was like that. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
did you have that cover made
maybe I ll put a parsol keeps dust off
lol
eBay...of course! But you can't use the Top speed base. the cover is smaller. FYI..once you remove the car from the base you can see your number on the car. Dan has #125, I have #222 (if I remember correctly) of 999.
aloha mike

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
oohh I also ordered this to put on the front edge. fits nice...no picture of it installed. sorry.

aloha mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
double post

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
triple post...sorry site is hanging up on me...looking like its not posting but it does. oops!

aloha mike

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
eBay...of course! But you can't use the Top speed base. the cover is smaller. FYI..once you remove the car from the base you can see your number on the car. Dan has #125, I have #222 (if I remember correctly) of 999.
aloha mike
I think I'll go that route as well. No one seems to have the Top Speed acrylic covers in stock, and I can get something similar locally for around $25 CAD ($19 USD). I'm going to have a look at the base the model comes with, and depending upon the outcome, I may take it out to the shop and trim it down to fit inside the generic cover. Or not. lol Since they don't make a black version, I opted for red, and after I get my hands on it, my plans are to airbrush it gloss black... and the red trim bits... and then mod the interior to look the same as my vehicle. It'll be a test of my modeling skills from years gone by, and at least I still have lots of airbrush tools and a small compressor for them. If it turns out okay, I'll post photos for entertainment value. Likely sometime after Christmas. Happy Black Friday shopping folks!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
For those of you than need the abridged version of @CDPond ’s post...

I’m making more mods man!

You’re welcome.
Aloha mike

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i ll give it a wax job
will repel some dust off o_O

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think I'll go that route as well. No one seems to have the Top Speed acrylic covers in stock, and I can get something similar locally for around $25 CAD ($19 USD). I'm going to have a look at the base the model comes with, and depending upon the outcome, I may take it out to the shop and trim it down to fit inside the generic cover. Or not. lol Since they don't make a black version, I opted for red, and after I get my hands on it, my plans are to airbrush it gloss black... and the red trim bits... and then mod the interior to look the same as my vehicle. It'll be a test of my modeling skills from years gone by, and at least I still have lots of airbrush tools and a small compressor for them. If it turns out okay, I'll post photos for entertainment value. Likely sometime after Christmas. Happy Black Friday shopping folks!
Would love to see the process and end result of this.

I'm interested in doing the interior to match mine, but I have no experience with models.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thank God I have a vision of the future, that's why I got my interiour abarth BLACK, Cause I knew I would be getting a diecast spider. 🙃😜

Just waxed the Diecast spider with Meguiar ULTIMATE paste wax, now polishing it, I need to wear sun glasses it glares too much even at night

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

\So where do you SEE the no (which side) , I checked with a mirror, even went under the car and couldn't find the number. TIA

1 - 20 of 32 Posts