Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
eBay...of course! But you can't use the Top speed base. the cover is smaller. FYI..once you remove the car from the base you can see your number on the car. Dan has #125, I have #222 (if I remember correctly) of 999.
aloha mike

View attachment 74126
I am using cases from displays2go. I am currently converting to this case. The cover is 13” x 7” x 5.5”. It allows me to display the model with doors, hood and trunk lid open And there is more room around the car, so it doesn’t look cramped. The base is high gloss acrylic and is routed to accept the cover. The cover is bent acrylic with bonded acrylic end caps. Very high quality. My Minichamps BMW 3.5 CSL IMSA car in a ‘displays2go‘ case.

7841EDDF-6623-44C7-B932-6AA417DD2AA0.jpeg

My TopSpeed 124 Abarth in an older injection molded case. You can see how the styrene has yellowed. Ordering cases Black Friday. 15% off. 🤑

A56C6269-04D5-49BF-9F58-ABD7E62ADC9B.jpeg

Aloha, Dan

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's awesome! Where can I get one?
Hi Shadowawk Me and CDpond got it from this seller WOODYMODELS on ebay. Send the guya message and make him an offer of $100. US shipping included. Tell him that Frank from Montreal referreded you and also another friend from Calgary bought it for him.

Once accepted and you send him the funds it takes less then 14 days to receive it. I car is well packed.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The nice part is that this vendor has the item set up so you can make an offer against the listed price. That's where you'll make your offer of $100 all in. He'll then accept the offer.... and as Frank will tell you, eBay automatically adds a $10 shipping fee to the final price, so instead of $100 you end up paying $110. But no worries. As soon as the transaction goes through, the vendor then credits you back $10. So you will only pay $100 total for the model and shipping combined.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The nice part is that this vendor has the item set up so you can make an offer against the listed price. That's where you'll make your offer of $100 all in. He'll then accept the offer.... and as Frank will tell you, eBay automatically adds a $10 shipping fee to the final price, so instead of $100 you end up paying $110. But no worries. As soon as the transaction goes through, the vendor then credits you back $10. So you will only pay $100 total for the model and shipping combined.
Thanks CDPond and Frankmar. I looked at the eBay page and I don't see how to request a color change? Did I miss it or are there just the two versions?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks CDPond and Frankmar. I looked at the eBay page and I don't see how to request a color change? Did I miss it or are there just the two versions?
There are only two versions. A red body with black heritage stripe, and a white body with black heritage stripe.

The model manufacturer orignally showed a black version in their product catalogue, but it never came to fruitition... and they don't return information requests. But, regardless, the seller that Frank pointed you towards is great to work with and is very responsive to messages to him via his eBay presence.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
@frankmar its a small plate. Be hard to see with a dental mirror. Toward the drivers side rear wheel...if memory serves me right.

add some fun to mine. No need to paint the chairs...the driver and passenger hide them now.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice thought. Mike. Lol
but seeing that garagist, it gave that mpression of that famous FIAT slogan
Fix It Again Tony.:eek:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Nice thought. Mike. Lol
but seeing that garagist, it gave that mpression of that famous FIAT slogan
Fix It Again Tony.:eek:

Haha...Well his name ISN'T Tony...its Eric. but now that you said that...I'm going to make a name tag for him that says Tony. Incase you wanna get you "A" Tony...or fall down a rabbit hole.

aloha mike

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Haha...Well his name ISN'T Tony...its Eric. but now that you said that...I'm going to make a name tag for him that says Tony. Incase you wanna get you "A" Tony...or fall down a rabbit hole.
aloha mike
Oh Mike, now what have you done.... lol I must have spent a couple of hours on that site. I found the CAT 797 Haulers that I saw so many of up in the oilsands, and even the 1930's Oliver tractor I learned to drive on when I was a kid working on the neighbour's farm. Joking aside, thank you for sharing the link. A great source for many things.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
@CDPond

right!! It’s crazy awesome the amount cool stuff they have. I’ve ordered a few times from them. No problems and fast shippingWatch out when you sign up for their email they send you emails that “show” what they have...and you’ll discover things you don’t realize you MUST have.

@frankmar watch out man!! They have tools to fix up your 1:18 scale. Mods at 1:18 scale!!!
Btw meet Tony!

Aloha mike

21 - 32 of 32 Posts