Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Radiator Cap says FL-22 which is the GREEN, MAZDA coolant., 5 year / 50,000 mile coolant. The owners manual says use " Morpar Long Life Coolant for Fiat" which I am assuming is the Mopar # 68163848AB, PURPLE, 10 year/ 100,000 mile coolant.

So, my car is scheduled to go to the dealer for the stuck thermostat problem. Do they drain the whole radiator out to change the thermostat???. If so, I should tell them to refill with the Mopar PURPLE...or will they just automatically do that.

If you mix the Green Mazda with the Purple Mopar, the fluid will turn black...

Is it ok to top off the Green fluid with the Mopar, or will this mixture screw up the Radiator.

Thanks for all replies..:confused:

·
Registered
575 Posts
For the sake of color though... I wouldn't mix it lol. It'll be much easier to see contaminants or anything (if it occurs obviously) in a straight color that's brighter than a black liquid ;) Also in the scenario of a leak.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point well taken...

For the sake of color though... I wouldn't mix it lol. It'll be much easier to see contaminants or anything (if it occurs obviously) in a straight color that's brighter than a black liquid ;) Also in the scenario of a leak.
Thanks...:laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts