Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings From a New Member -

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of two Abarth Spiders Zeigler Fiat in Schaumburg, Illinois has. Since I'm located in New England, I was wondering if anyone on the forum was familiar with this dealership and could chime in?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, I purchased a Fiat 500 Lounge from them November of 2011. The purchased happened in the main Chrysler building. The Fiat "studio" was a double wide trailer with no heat, but Italian red leather bar stools. Go figure. A Fiat dealer since opened in Naperville and I took the 500 there for warranty work and service. I purchased my Spider at Naperville as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, I hope they have since built a legitimate showroom. ;)

Anyway, they have a 2018 and a 2019 Abarth still in inventory. I'm a little concerned as to the condition of these vehicles, especially the 2018, since they've been sitting around all of this time. I wish I were closer so I could inspect them first-hand, rather than rely on the salesperson's description.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my new (only a few test drive miles on it) 2018 Abarth in April 2019. Car was fine even though it "sat" for nearly a year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
fiat of schaumburg I have talked to but I didnt buy anything from them
are you talking about the silver car?
this car is used and nearby I almost bought it but did not but you could save 8k$

if you want a new car how about this one?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interesting, I hope they have since built a legitimate showroom. ;)

Anyway, they have a 2018 and a 2019 Abarth still in inventory. I'm a little concerned as to the condition of these vehicles, especially the 2018, since they've been sitting around all of this time. I wish I were closer so I could inspect them first-hand, rather than rely on the salesperson's description.
How far away are you? I could check it out for you since I am retired and literally having nothing to do.

I purchased a new 18 this last spring that had been at the dealership for a year and so far so good, minus the water pump issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How far away are you? I could check it out for you since I am retired and literally having nothing to do.

I purchased a new 18 this last spring that had been at the dealership for a year and so far so good, minus the water pump issue.
I'm located in Massachusetts, which is too far away for me to stop in ;) While I'm still deliberating on the car, it would be great if you had some time to check it out for me👍 Perhaps, you could send me a private message through the forum?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No pressure, it's not time sensitive. Also, it doesn't look like private messaging is enabled on this forum.

On a separate note, your reference to 10/4 makes me think that we might have more than just cars in common. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got an 18 Abarth leftover just 3 months ago. Saved a lot. No problems. Love it.
I’m sure you’ll be happy. Go for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So are you interested in the silver manual or the red auto.

I like the Alcantera seats of the red, but I prefer a manual transmission.

Tough call.

If you do buy, make sure you lock down an "out the door" price. Lots of various rebates that you may or not qualify for. Figure a grand if you chose to ship it. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Tough call.

If you do buy, make sure you lock down an "out the door" price. Lots of various rebates that you may or not qualify for. Figure a grand if you chose to ship it. Good luck.
They have a manual 2018 Abarth in Sliver, as well as a Red/Black 2019 manual Abarth. The automatic Red/Black you're referring to is a 2018 Abarth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Tough call.

Were you able to see the Silver Abarth in person? If so, how was the condition?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The silver one was in the service bay area waiting for me. Not sure where it was stored prior, forgot to mention.

Now, and it's just a personal preference, I like the cars with out the bonnet stripe. The car has beautiful lines and I think the black hood draws the eyes away from the luscious hips, so to speak.

I didn't see the red one in person since I said I was interested in a manual.

I didn't talk price, but watch out for rebates included that you may not qualify for, like new grad or present Fiat owner.

That said, if you can get the/a car for a good price, you will love it regardless. Heck, I'll even drive it carefully out to you. Again, I've got nothing else to do.

Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The silver one was in the service bay area waiting for me. Not sure where it was stored prior, forgot to mention.

Now, and it's just a personal preference, I like the cars with out the bonnet stripe. The car has beautiful lines and I think the black hood draws the eyes away from the luscious hips, so to speak.

I didn't see the red one in person since I said I was interested in a manual.

I didn't talk price, but watch out for rebates included that you may not qualify for, like new grad or present Fiat owner.

That said, if you can get the/a car for a good price, you will love it regardless. Heck, I'll even drive it carefully out to you. Again, I've got nothing else to do.

Good luck
Did you notice any cosmetic flaws like dings, dents, scratches, paintwork etc? I ask because the vehicle has been sitting around for a while.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts