Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Abarth
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Just clicked past the 400 mile mark my new Abarth and most has been in weather over 90 degrees, today was 105. The temp gauge never went beyond 210. Sounds great.

But, what, if any concerns are there with high temps I get here in West Texas? Has anyone had any issues?

Also, hope I am posting in the right area.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,647 Posts
Keep the highest octane gas in it you can get, 91 or 93 if available there. It will pull itself back as it gets heat soaked. I am in the Phoenix valley where 105 is a cool day here soon. Both the Spider and 500 run like dogs in the afternoons but just fine in the mornings when its in the 70s-80s and that's with upgraded intercoolers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, here in south Florida, if the interior temp gets to hot, I will get a message on my screen, "Hi Temperature Screen interoperable " after a few minutes with the AC on, the screen cools and all is good. My Fiat Dealer has checked and has advised, this is normal. Only happened twice since 2018.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
As long as you are using premium gasoline and your car is stock you have zero concerns.

·
Registered
Abarth
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Keep good gas; thanks, and do anyways. Screen shutting off, good to know and not waste my time and the dealer looking at that; thanks. And I figured modern cars are built to deal with extreme heat. Just want to see if anyone has ever has specific issues. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Hi. Premium fuel "always" it's recommended for our engines, and AC on....the reason I say that is if people have early signs of thermostat issues switching on AC will assist in operating the thermostat. 21st Century 124 Spider has a detailed explanation and blow up diagram. I claim no glory for this, I just like a good read and 21st Century 124 Spider is a very good read.....Cheers
ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts