Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
An idea could be to keep a trash bag to put the tire inside, just to keep the trunk clean. Then attach a bungee to pull the deck lid down until it touches the tire and off you go.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So is the 2019 Abarth a 4x98 or a 4x100 wheel? One of the threads in this forum said 4x98 Fiat but another said 4x100 Miata... I am new to Fiat and this is my daily commuter so I really want a spare... I’ve already found the factory jack that goes in the right-side cubby of the trunk on the Deyeme Racing website...
4x100. There should be a few different variations of tires/wheels that would fit. Honda uses 4x100 as well.

Someone (I can't recall who) said a 2012 (?) Prius donut spare fits the front. In the case of a rear flat, you'd need to move a front tire to the rear and then put the donut spare onto the front. But then there's still the "what do I do with the now no-longer-functioning tire" question. If you have luggage in the trunk, as @SJWhiteley showed, you might not have much space left.

I'll pickup another flat repair kit (already have one in my Jeep) and hope I don't get a sidewall puncture. Maybe also get a air compressor that runs off of the cigarette lighter to (slowly) pump up the tire(?).

Larry

·
Registered
119 Posts
4x100. There should be a few different variations of tires/wheels that would fit. Honda uses 4x100 as well.

Someone (I can't recall who) said a 2012 (?) Prius donut spare fits the front. In the case of a rear flat, you'd need to move a front tire to the rear and then put the donut spare onto the front. But then there's still the "what do I do with the now no-longer-functioning tire" question. If you have luggage in the trunk, as @SJWhiteley showed, you might not have much space left.

I'll pickup another flat repair kit (already have one in my Jeep) and hope I don't get a sidewall puncture. Maybe also get a air compressor that runs off of the cigarette lighter to (slowly) pump up the tire(?).

Larry
I thought the 124 Spiders came with a 12v tire pump, along with a can of goop, and a towing eye.

Regards,

John

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I thought the 124 Spiders came with a 12v tire pump, along with a can of goop, and a towing eye.

Regards,

John
It does

·
Registered
204 Posts

Regards,

John
They do, but some people like the idea of having a real spare tire in the event of a tire issue the can won't fix. The towing eyes are designed to tow the car a short distance or for highway towing.

Also, a tow can take several hours to get to you. If you've got a spare, you can be doing something besides counting the veins in a leaf while waiting for the tow truck to arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Mazda 2 space saver spare from a junkyard. In theory, it should fit. I'll find out when I get a chance to try to mount it.
I believe it depends on your Spider model. Some rims don't clear the Brembos in the back, hence the conversation about moving tires around if you have a rear flat. The one thing I know for sure is that I'll never use that can of goop to fix the tire, since when it's done, the tire is shot and has to be replaced. It would truly have to be an emergency to do that, expecially if the tire still had a decent amount of life left on the tread. Let us know how your spare works for you. Great deal if it does the job!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts