Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the UK the set of cupholders are an extra £140. Are they any good and do you think they are worth getting? I do get fast food/coffees on occasion but I don't want to waste money if they awful.

·
Registered
556 Posts
they are "OK"
I only ever use one, and only if I have a coffee
the one I use is the one on the transmission hump, because putting one or both between the seats just seems so awkward

·
Registered
453 Posts
they are "OK"
I only ever use one, and only if I have a coffee
the one I use is the one on the transmission hump, because putting one or both between the seats just seems so awkward

Spot on.
Actually, my wife uses it there occaisonally. I've only used the other one on long trips. They rarely come out of the storage compartment. Then again, I don't drink coffee in my car.

They are a convenience thing but not worth that kind of money imo.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
My water container fits perfect. No other drinks allowed, no exceptions. The reach behind is a little awkward, but you get used to it. The forward slot next to the passenger seat has my craven speed phone holder.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Jeez, I'm tempted to eBay mine for 100 pounds! This is crazy expensive for an item in the US that is frequently overlooked by stupid salesman, and only moderately (IMO) useful. I use one by the console for my sunglass case and to hang my ball cap. The second one remains in the seatback cubby.
I'm surprised some enterprising Chinese isn't making these for a reasonable price!
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I use mine. I think they come standard in the North American cars.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I use mine in the rear position, but I also used a bit of hot melt glue to glue a small piece of wood to the bottom of them to act as a support shim, to allow the bottom of the cup holder to bear its weight on the hump. This makes the holder more stable, since the male slide mount is off to the side of the holder, and when holding a container it was shimmying a bit with road bumps. Solid now.

Steve.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've actually got three in my 124 Abarth and I use them all,
since the wife is usually with me we use all 3 all the time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't believe they charge you for those things. Were tires extra? I use mine all the time for my H2O. I use my left hand to get it when it's between the seats, but sometimes I put one down by the passenger side. Still can't get over that you have to BUY them!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here in the UK the set of cupholders are an extra £140. Are they any good and do you think they are worth getting? I do get fast food/coffees on occasion but I don't want to waste money if they awful.
Yep, crazy price, far from worth the money for what they are but worth having nevertheless. Two rear positions and one front passenger side. Bought two and move one as needed. Essential I'd say, water, coffee even sunglasses.

Brought a tear to my eye when I paid for those and the front grill 124 badge at the same time :(

Needless to say I didn't go for the brushed alloy covers which are actually more expensive than the cup holders themselves, it would probably be cheaper to pay someone to sit beside you and hold your coffee.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
For us colonials, I’d say it’s hard to say if they are worth close to $170 or so, since they come as default. I find they hold my coffee mug very firmly, even on tight corners. So, I’d say it’s ‘worth it’ but can’t imagine paying extra for them (see tire comment, above).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, crazy price, far from worth the money for what they are but worth having nevertheless. Two rear positions and one front passenger side. Bought two and move one as needed. Essential I'd say, water, coffee even sunglasses.

Brought a tear to my eye when I paid for those and the front grill 124 badge at the same time :(

Needless to say I didn't go for the brushed alloy covers which are actually more expensive than the cup holders themselves, it would probably be cheaper to pay someone to sit beside you and hold your coffee.
Cheers man. What do you think of the front grill badge? I’m desperate to get the black one but I cannot find it anywhere in the U.K.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the car needs it and it should have one as standard but I guess Fiat saw a way to get another £66 out of suckers like me.

There is a black one here, although it is 124spider, not just 124. https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/black-124-grille-badge
That looks awesome man, just don't think the red one would suit the Fashion (dark) Grey Classica I have (well, I'm picking it up in a few hours). I had a look at your link but its OOS. I've added my email to the stock alert list so I remain hopeful :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks awesome man, just don't think the red one would suit the Fashion (dark) Grey Classica I have (well, I'm picking it up in a few hours). I had a look at your link but its OOS. I've added my email to the stock alert list so I remain hopeful :)
I know what you mean, although it is quite subtle and the Fiat badges themselves are red (albeit a different shade)
Not sure if this place ships to UK but it looks like even with shipping costs that it would be cheaper than in UK https://moparonlineparts.com/fiat-spider-emblem-p-7372.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts