Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Flying Miata had this part in their "124" section:

https://www.flyinmiata.com/delrin-door-bushings.html

Reading the ND Miata forums it appears that it does seem to reduce chassis flex/improve rattling within the cabin. Seems like a pretty good mod for $50, though some report having to sand it down for proper fitment.

Has anyone installed this product on a Fiat 124 yet? Thoughts?

·
Registered
476 Posts
My question is what/where they sanded to make it fit. Without a doubt it was much harder to shut the doors after they were installed do I pulled back off til I had time to address this

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
772 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
GregtheBike;333234[USER=9713 said:
@depotdan[/USER] put a set on
I used the set from GWR. They are more blocked off than those offered by other vendors. They are a snug fit, but require no trimming or modifications for a perfect fit. It reduces flex at the door joint over rough roads and transitions. An easy 5-10 minute install. Four screws total.

·
772 Posts
Easy to install for sure. The biggest challenge is getting the alignment just right. I got lucky on the first try with the driver's door, the passenger door required a few tweaks to get it to close clean.

I look at mods like this as part of the incremental process of making our cars better than they came. It is a fun thing to do and can be very rewarding.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Yep...like them a lot. Door closes with authority. THUD. Very easy install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Nice, but 20 bucks more than the black ones

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
free freight from craven as well... just sayin'

Free Domestic Shipping! Order now and your purchase will be shipped in 23h 9m 16s <- all over the page...

no dog in the fight, and I like / use amazon as much as the next guy, but I think it's always nice to support the enthusiast sites

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
free freight from craven as well... just sayin'

Free Domestic Shipping! Order now and your purchase will be shipped in 23h 9m 16s <- all over the page...

no dog in the fight, and I like / use amazon as much as the next guy, but I think it's always nice to support the enthusiast sites
That Amazon link shows CravenSpeed as the vendor, and fulfilled by Amazon. But, I’d just order directly from CravenSpeed, they have free shipping. Amazon probably takes a cut from the sale.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
What the ****, prime it is, lol. This site is more expensive to me than the 41' Sport Fisherman boat I had for years. I doubt I will ever be able to tell what these things do, but they sure look good in red. Sending a bill to Aloha Mike>:)
I'm sending ours (bills) to @depotdan and @Arc07 ! >:)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
yes I ordered from CravenSpeed directly. They are fast. competent and a good business. (IMHO) I've contacted them on other items and they have responded quickly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts