Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added the EC catch can following the superb info of this website. While I was doing it, I start wondering both for sake of curiosity and also because I d like to know what s behind the scene, how really the AOS is all about. Adding the catch can, I simply intercepted the vapor gas leaving the oem AOS , oblige them to a detur to the catch can that will ship, hopefully, clean air back to the turbo, right?

But if I look to the plastic mold of the AOS, I see a lot more. What are all the pipelines coming/exiting to/from it actually doing? There are 3 pipelines/connections as far as I can see. Two come from the top of the brick at its end, I have colored them in green ; the third connection in orange, is coming from the belly of the engine and ends - I assume-on the PVC valve on the side of the AOS.

what are all these lines bringing or exiting from/to the engine? I know about few abarth prepared for racing having the AOS plastic block completely removed and the gases directly spit in to the ambient. Apart from eco issues- on a circuit I think there s not much eco into play- I d like to know what they could have done to eliminate all these pipelines. Did they close them? If someone can explain me their functions, I may understand the matgh behind it.

thanx , claudio

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
its pure ABARTH magic never question Abarth magic!

seriously though...I could have sworn this was talked about on this forum, even cleaned?

...maybe @Greg can answer?

I do know that eddie from youtube and his 124 spider vblogs taked about it...I think they even removed it?

aloha mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts