Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 abarth with about 25,000 miles, the engine and transmission shake a little at idle
I think the car has always been like this and might be normal
my brother thinks the motor mounts vacuum lines could be bad if it has them
are our car motor mounts vacuum controlled and has anyone else had some that have gone bad?

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I have a 2017 abarth with about 25,000 miles, the engine and transmission shake a little at idle
I think the car has always been like this and might be normal
my brother thinks the motor mounts vacuum lines could be bad if it has them
are our car motor mounts vacuum controlled and has anyone else had some that have gone bad?
Hi, just recently had the very same thread but can't remember who it was and in which section, anyway to get your responses going....My question to the member asking was, "What grade fuel do you use ?" The 124 Spider enjoys 98 Premium grade (UK) rather than 95 ordinary. I seem to remember the US guy indicating that your fuel grade ran differently to ours so it may be worth (if you are not already using Top grade fuel) doing so with a fresh full tank and as you have had this issue from ownership start, it could just be the issue. As your Spiders engine is wearing in it may just be protesting the fuel grade more, simple as that, so, worth a tank of top grade fuel to see if the engine purrs / responds better shakes decline. If you are already using top grade fuel then look at idle setting maybe 800 rpm approx, if its travelling upwards over time then a fuel / air balance issue may be present as the ECU adjusts settings to keep you running. Hope this sorts it, Cheers
ron
JUST remembered (thanks to Bob T)....the thread was about the guys Spider failing its first annual check (MOT UK) emissions failed and he reported a slight shaking from start of ownership, if I have the right thread.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,916 Posts
Solid mounts, 2 pieces and a bushing for dampening. I just had the first AWR Racing Mount set made for my car with the medium bushing. These will officially go up for sale once I install them and make sure all clearances are good.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Dangit. I'm having my front subframe replaced shortly and wish these mounts were ready to put in at the same time. Going to pull up a chair next to @Calehedron and start tapping my foot with him.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Trust me guys, I am the most anxious to get this done. It's been over a year now and I am dying inside the longer this stretches out. I am very glad there is interest, AWR will get some additional business, and more parts options for the 124 community but the pressure to get these mounts installed and proofed out so Tony can start selling them just adds more anxiety.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Typing doesn't always translate it, but I was 100% tongue in cheek, to be clear. I can only imagine where you're at, and didn't mean to be overly light about it. It will all be worth it, and you're obviously covering all your bases in preparation, which is awesome to see. Hang in there my dude.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Typing doesn't always translate it, but I was 100% tongue in cheek, to be clear. I can only imagine where you're at, and didn't mean to be overly light about it. It will all be worth it, and you're obviously covering all your bases in preparation, which is awesome to see. Hang in there my dude.
No offense taken at all. I am a bit stressed out regardless due to everything that has happened the past year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No offense taken at all. I am a bit stressed out regardless due to everything that has happened the past year.
No worries man. You took all the risk in getting your mounts sent when you thought your motor was coming back on a tighter timeline. The mounts look quality and will be well worth the wait. It is the offseason for most everyone that is racing these cars, so you have plenty of time to focus on getting your car up and going. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts