Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good at all, or should we upgrade to better performing aftermarket ones. The link to the Mazda fellow showing how to remove the A pillar and all the others were on Photobucket, thus they are disappeared. I think I can remove the door panel, but to get to the twitter, I don't know how th remove the pillar.

Also, if any of you guys have any recommendations for a great set of plug and play door speakers with a separate twitter, I am all ears. Thanks :)

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Factory speakers are generally well matched to the factory amplification. Most of the time, running aftermarket speakers ends up with less efficient drivers that require external amplification to keep from constantly distorting, so I would leave it alone until you're ready to spend more money than on just speakers. I'd recommend against replacing these, as they are really quite decent (and this is coming from someone who designs speakers as a hobby), unless you're ready to run wiring for an amplifier.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Honestly, the speakers sound pretty decent as they are, if not spectacular. You'd have to replace them with speakers that are 1 ohm, maybe 2 ohm tops. When I pulled my subwoofer out to make more passenger room we measured at 1 ohm so that's what I put in my trunk to replace it. I'm a symphony conductor and record producer so I'm very finicky in sound and I've been pretty happy with it as is except at the absolute loudest levels with the top down on certain sources. Redoing it would be much more involved than just putting in some speakers.

any good at all, or should we upgrade to better performing aftermarket ones. The link to the Mazda fellow showing how to remove the A pillar and all the others were on Photobucket, thus they are disappeared. I think I can remove the door panel, but to get to the twitter, I don't know how th remove the pillar.

Also, if any of you guys have any recommendations for a great set of plug and play door speakers with a separate twitter, I am all ears. Thanks

Reactions: Not Sure
1 - 3 of 3 Posts