Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,962 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
I don't understand your first sentence and I disagree with the second. Our 124s have essentially the same Oil cooler as the 2.0 Alfa Giulia. It has plenty of capability. That said, I am sure the Forge unit could be adapted to the 124, so if you think it's better, give it a try and let us know.

Greg
I am wondering if the sandwich plate fits the 500 will fit the 124
If that is a yes than I would have no problems using it
I'll fabricate lines and mounts

·
Vendor
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ended up making minor changes to the piston design, slightly less displacement, but sill over 1400ccs and changed compression slightly.

Greg

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Ended up making minor changes to the piston design, slightly less displacement, but sill over 1400ccs and changed compression slightly.

Greg
Are you planning on running 91 octane?

·
Vendor
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Various combos, 91, 93, Either + water inj. E85. Personally, I like 91+water inj. Easy to find at the pump, cheap, powerful.

Greg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you measure the temps in and out? I'm not sure the radiator is your issue. I do have quite a few new things coming for the 124, and if I do decide to include the upgraded radiator, that's going to be in very limited numbers, like maybe a total of one production run of ten pieces. As for the oil cooler, the stock one is just fine.

Greg
Greg, If you do make that upgraded radiator I'd like to get on the list for it. Please let me know if you decide to.

·
Vendor
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Greg, If you do make that upgraded radiator I'd like to get on the list for it. Please let me know if you decide to.
I'll do that, but it's behind several other parts that are coming out, and that's if I do it at all.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Update:

I got the head back yesterday. Some slight porting was done, we kept the standard valve sizes. I'll flow check the intake side today, maybe the exhaust if I can get to it. I'm curious to see how much good the porting work did. Machining of the short block should be done next week.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,887 Posts
You and me both! I am excited, anxious, and even a little intimidated feeling at times waiting on all the parts to be refurbished and ready for re-assembly.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts