Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came came across this photo. Fiat RH looks better then the MX ,what do you think.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think a RF 124 Spider would be nice to have as an option for those that want it, but I'll stick with my soft top. I test drove a ST and RF ND back-to-back, and the buttress wind buffeting on the RF was a deal breaker.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Looks **** a Datsun 240-60-80 Z may have been sold as a Nissan 300 in N America...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think it looks great. But I would still take the Spider with the ragtop. I already own another vehicle with a hardtop.

Reactions: TonyR

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks great. But I would still take the Spider with the ragtop. I already own another vehicle with a hardtop.
My opinion also but it still looks better then the MX in my opinion. Most people don’t even know what the difference between a roadster and a sports car, all roadsters are sports cars not all sports cars are roadsters and that’s what I like.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks a lot like a Toyota 86 to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reactions: AbarthEsq

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I thought Mazda discontinued production. Is this a Photoshop job or real?

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
76 Posts
I thought Mazda discontinued production. Is this a Photoshop job or real?
Bad photochop. The color doesn't even match, most likely copy/pasted from a Miata hardtop.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sure looks Italian!

·
Registered
378 Posts
From this angle it looks a bit more cohesive than the MX5 but then I can't cope with the frontal look of that car (or the rear if it comes to that). More complexity, more weight, more cost with the added annoyance that people can start legitimately calling it a convertible, which it ain't. I prefer roadsters, long may they remain.

P.S. On my registration papers the 124 is described as a "convertible", which I find irritating but there appears to no other term in the governments database.

·
Registered
510 Posts
As a pure grand touring coupe, yes. As a retractable targa top, absolutely not.

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
25 Posts
As a pure grand touring coupe, yes. As a retractable targa top, absolutely not.
I think a retractable Targa-style top would look awesome but would it upset the weight distribution of the car?

I am very happy to settle for the Carbon-fibre clip-in roof, however, at £4,465 ($6,200) I would have to save up for a very long time! :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think a retractable Targa-style top would look awesome but would it upset the weight distribution of the car?

I am very happy to settle for the Carbon-fibre clip-in roof, however, at £4,465 ($6,200) I would have to save up for a very long time! :(
CF roofs are on sale a few times a year on Mopar. I got mine for about £3400 and a few other guys on here too.

Still not cheap of course, but it stings a little less.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
351 Posts
I personally don't mind it, as the winters in my neck of the woods are rough and I don't feel I'd be as worried about my Spider's top being protected. I also think it looks better than the Mazda. Whereas the Mazda looks like an angry cat, this sure looks Italian...

Reactions: Aldo
1 - 20 of 23 Posts