Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But I think it will look silly on the 124. I had a reservation on a Tesla Model 3 and ordered my plate,which arrived today.I cancelled that order and decided I wanted a convertible as my last car. In the rush to get a unique plate for an electric car before the good ones were gone, I ordered THE FUTR.
Oh well.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bought my first private plate about 4 years ago, DF O4 MWE. It was my girlfriends and my initials. It became redundant when we split. Now running with M7ART. Much safer. As for girlfriends, got a new model with enhanced performance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
We have a bit less of a free choice in the UK, is the US I thought you could have anything you like as long as nobody has it in the same State, and it's not rude? (in the US, but it can be rude elsewhere).

I seem to have a got a thing going with my 4 current Fiats...A22URA was the first, then C1UPE, MY66SPY (on the new 124) and I just put C11UPE on the latest acquisition after being on a retention certificate for years! And I'm still kicking myself for not buying A34RTH at auction recently, but then I would need to get an Abarth to put it on...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Azzura:

Right you are. Here , on the other side of the pond, we cannot buy existing plates as you can. We have to request them from the Department of Motor Vehicles(DMV), and as you say, if no-one else has them, and they are not rude, they will issue them for an extra annual fee. I traded my C5 Corvette for the 124, and the plate was transferred. ICNTDR55, in deference to the 55mph limit from so long ago, not to mention Van Halen.

My Bugeye (Frogeye to you) sports BUGEYERX in reference to it's all Mazda RX7 drive train...engine, trans(gear box!) and rear axle. A long story, but testament to the disease that no doctor can cure! My British friends (I grew up in UK)
think I committed sacrilege by modifying the Sprite. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, if it pleases you and makes you smile, do it. Cheers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Try competing in a state with 40 million people where most of the good plates have been taken (California). That being said, I was able to purchase VIVO recently, with an Italian translation of "lively" or "alive". I was shocked that it was available. One idea is to add "124" as a suffix, i.e., VIVO124.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dan doesn't volante mean fast and volare means flying? Like the song? Can you tell I've been trying to pick my plate for way too long. I shouldn't really know these meanings or think I know them!!! I really need to make my decision. Both were on the table.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I was debating getting RFFUN for my RF. I liked the idea of people thinking in may mean Really F#<€ing Fun. I was even thinking of getting it on Japanese style square plates that you can get here. I may still do it but it's going to cost $700

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was debating getting RFFUN for my RF. I liked the idea of people thinking in may mean Really F#<€ing Fun. I was even thinking of getting it on Japanese style square plates that you can get here. I may still do it but it's going to cost $700
Lol, my first twisted association was "rough fun", as in S & M.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I am going to go with LUVME2X

·
Registered
165 Posts
I waited until 70 until I applied for my first personalized plate. I did it because I was stuck in our state having to have a cluttered series of numbers and letters pasted to the front of my Abarth. I wanted "Sophia" or "Gina," but neither were cleared by my censor. "Presto" and "Veloce" were taken. I settled on "Svelta," which is "quick" in Italian. Later I learned that svälta is "starve" in Swedish, which might raise an eyebrow up here in Nordic country.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Reactions: LongBeachJim

·
Registered
727 Posts
... I settled on "Svelta," which is "quick" in Italian. Later I learned that svälta is "starve" in Swedish, which might raise an eyebrow up here in Nordic country.
Lol. The plate might sadden, or even insult, the Nordic dad trailing your 124 in an SUV loaded with screaming kids.

Reactions: oliverpull

·
Registered
89 Posts
Volare is a great song and a crappy 80s Chrysler. The Pininfarina show car that the Alfa Duetto spider was based on was the Disco Volante or Flying Saucer. Alfa used the name Veloce for their fast models. I had two. The V in GTV. My GT was an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Gran Turismo Veloce. The name was bigger than the car!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay I finally put my choices in for my plate. I get they're aggressive, but for me so is the car. So...FURY, FIERCE, FURY124. Release the fury or **** hath no fury like a woman scorned!!! Haha. I'm really nice I swear!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I live in New Hampshire and both "FIAT124" and "ABARTH" are available. I won't get the car I ordered until May or June. If Abarth is still available, I will probably grab it. I can't register the car until I get it, and I don't want to put an "ABARTH" plate on my 500 pop or 500l.

If you happen to live in New Hampshire, I have dibs on Abarth!

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live in New Hampshire and both "FIAT124" and "ABARTH" are available. I won't get the car I ordered until May or June. If Abarth is still available, I will probably grab it. I can't register the car until I get it, and I don't want to put an "ABARTH" plate on my 500 pop or 500l.

If you happen to live in New Hampshire, I have dibs on Abarth!
Go ahead and put it on your 500 (before someone else gets it) for a few months. You're still better off than I am in the original post!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts