Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Love, Love the picture. I've not been able to see an Aliumumn Abarth in person, love yours, in particular as I was going to do the same red bits. I was going to get white, but the black wheels look huge on the white, then saw the red which was very appealing.

Two things, I can say about the MX-5.
1. That Ceramic Color that MAZD has is beautiful. It is the 6th Miata in your pic, it looks like white but it is not.
2. The MX-5 Offers the tan/saddle color leather in their dark gray which looks very rich. That color interior looked so good in the Prima Edition 124s.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I stopped in to buy some touch up paint ...could not resit taking a pic.
Such a better looking car, FACT! But I hope the touch up paint is "future proofing" for any issues of matching paint down the line. Did something happen that you need to touch up the paint?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I need to go to a Mazda dealer and take a pic like this LOL.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Such a better looking car, FACT! But I hope the touch up paint is "future proofing" for any issues of matching paint down the line. Did something happen that you need to touch up the paint?
No, no, just wanted to have some on hand, if and when ....38P ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Those Mazdas sure look a bit, um, toothy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you had left the 124 parked there all day, the dealer wouldn't have sold a single Miata.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Pah! This is my garage!

·
Registered
230 Posts
No, no, just wanted to have some on hand, if and when ....38P ;)
I need to get some Bianca Gelato for Little Spidee. Don't need it yet, either, but I've accepted that it's not a question of if but when, unfortunately. She'll eventually need some cosmetic updates, what with all the rocks and other assorted debris flying around the roadways. :rolleyes:

By the way, this stuff is great for finishing-up paint touch-ups.

http://www.sisweb.com/micromesh/clearcoat-kit.htm

I've used it for years. It's easy to use and once done, any touch-ups smooth out to where it's hard to tell anything was done. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just can't fall in love with the front end of the Mazda. Ever since I heard it called a catfish mouth I keep expecting to see one with curb feelers as whiskers mounted on it. :eek:
LOL. Similar here. Japan makes some great, reliable vehicles but most of their designs look like something from a Transformers/ Origami nightmare. What is with the front end of the Lexus? It looks like a huge vacuum sweeper. :eek:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i took "Gino" to his first outing of a Miata gathering at Sonic. ...only Fiata there ...much, much interest ....had to start the car several times so folks could hear the new exhaust. Rides were given ....Phase 1 tune was liked ....many were shocked that there was no turbo lag as had been bantered around on other forums. Entire parking lot was full of beautiful Miatas and one gorgeous 124Spider Abarth!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL. Similar here. Japan makes some great, reliable vehicles but most of their designs look like something from a Transformers/ Origami nightmare. What is with the front end of the Lexus? It looks like a huge vacuum sweeper. :eek:

It looks like a Cylone!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It looks like a Cylone!!
LOL. And this one looks like a Star Wars Storm Trooper.

Japan sure can do ugly. I remember when the 240Z came out. A beautiful car, having more than a passing resemblance to a Ferrari 275 GTB/4, styled by Pininfarina. Then the Nissan designers just had to start going the Kabuki route. :rolleyes: Now, to my eyes, it looks like some kind of teenage mutant ninja turtle. :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts