Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are looking for any local member in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to stop by our facility (near N. Lamar & Braker) to test fit our turbo blanket prototype.

Process would take approx 1 hour.

Anyone willing to help will be able to keep the installed turbo blanket.

Feel free to PM us if you are interested!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I hope someone can help you out in TX because I'm anxious to buy one. Please also develop a downpipe blanket for the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello,

We are looking for any local member in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to stop by our facility (near N. Lamar & Braker) to test fit our turbo blanket prototype.

Process would take approx 1 hour.

Anyone willing to help will be able to keep the installed turbo blanket.

Feel free to PM us if you are interested!
What's y'all's address, and hours? I might be able to stop in tomorrow afternoon if you're open?

Thx S

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So, how did the test fitting go?

Steve.

·
Registered
958 Posts
We won't have the blanket completed until Tuesday. We already have pikeman scheduled up for Tuesday. :D
Shoot, I was getting ready to drive to Austin. I will be interested in purchasing a blanket and some wrap and ties, once you get the blanket in production. Please post on the forum when they are available.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
First Article fitment a success!

I spent the morning at PTP Turbo Blankets and have their first one for the 124 in my car. It took a couple of hours and I enjoyed the food at a nearby taco truck while waiting.
Joe Danadchli was very nice and explained how they had been developing the product. Some photos were taken, and I zoomed off.
There was a notable absence of smoke once the engine warmed-up, as reported about a competing product. So I was also spared the white residue in my engine space too.
Based on what we know about the benefits, this one seems like a no-brainer. Joe said they'd have an announcement soon about price and delivery.
Best regards,
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for stopping in today Pete!

We had a delay so Pete stopped in this morning for us to do some test fitments.

Pretty much everything fit well, we just have a few more tweaks we want to do on the final product. We have what we need thanks to Pete and we are going to go ahead and make those changes and push the product into production.

We expect to have them available in about 3 weeks. Tomorrow we should have the blanket listed on our website for pre-order at a discounted rate for those who are interested.

Thanks again for your support!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Thanks for stopping in today Pete!

We had a delay so Pete stopped in this morning for us to do some test fitments.

Pretty much everything fit well, we just have a few more tweaks we want to do on the final product. We have what we need thanks to Pete and we are going to go ahead and make those changes and push the product into production.

We expect to have them available in about 3 weeks. Tomorrow we should have the blanket listed on our website for pre-order at a discounted rate for those who are interested.

Thanks again for your support!
Awesome, I'll be on that preorder. Any chance of a downpipe blanket in the future?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nice, and just in time for me. I'll be ordering one.

Steve.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Awesome, I'll be on that preorder. Any chance of a downpipe blanket in the future?
They sell thermal wraps for applications like that. That's the direction I will be going.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was able to place my order moments ago, at a nice discounted price. Thanks PTP.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
They sell thermal wraps for applications like that. That's the direction I will be going.
I'm asking because PTP makes a downpipe blanket for the 500. I'd rather have a well made blanket than use a wrap.

I just preordered my turbo blanket, very excited.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Got my Lava turbo blanket pre-order in on Monday. Sweet.

Steve.

·
Registered
531 Posts
checked the website. see the price listed but i don't see an installation pdf or video specific to the spider. is it straightforward and doesn't need one or you are still working on it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
checked the website. see the price listed but i don't see an installation pdf or video specific to the spider. is it straightforward and doesn't need one or you are still working on it?
I called them earlier today with this exact question ('how involved is installation for somebody with two left hands'). The answer was 'very easy, almost no removal of parts required'. Looking at the blanket and pictures, I don't expect any complications.

Thx, S

·
Registered
531 Posts
I called them earlier today with this exact question ('how involved is installation for somebody with two left hands'). The answer was 'very easy, almost no removal of parts required'. Looking at the blanket and pictures, I don't expect any complications.

Thx, S
do i NEED it? ;-)

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
I can assure you that this install could be done blind drunk. There are a few fasteners to remove, a blanket to install over some studs, and the final nuts to attach. Easy peasey.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, yes you do :)
ok, shark, you have me leaning... now push me over the edge. make a solid sales pitch for me. what am i going to notice or gain from the 139 smackers?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts