Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Excited to say that I have just become an owner of the Abarth 124 spider.:) picked up my car this morning. Black with the vis pack and recaro seats. Love the car and it really steals people attention when driving in town!

I am however , quite surprised that the car doesnt have the function to have the doors lock automatically when you start driving... or did I just miss it?? :eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto door lock.

Hi all,

Excited to say that I have just become an owner of the Abarth 124 spider.:) picked up my car this morning. Black with the vis pack and recaro seats. Love the car and it really steals people attention when driving in town!

I am however , quite surprised that the car doesnt have the function to have the doors lock automatically when you start driving... or did I just miss it?? :eek:
Congratulations on your new 124A. Love mine which I've had since last April.

In my prior ride: Infiniti G35 Coupe, the doors did lock when you started driving. I returned to the Service Department, and had that feature disabled. Why? If I was in a major accident and became unconscious, I didn't want to make it difficult for First Res ponders to assist me by having to deal with locked doors. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the option is available under Settings in your Infotainment system. Just be sure to have the ignition ON (not ACC)

Thx! I have just had a look under Setting, do you mean Auto Relock? Mine has the keyless entry function. I believe I had Auto door Relock selected when I picked up the car from dealer.... I will check again when I drive it sometime this week.

·
Registered
476 Posts

In my prior ride: Infiniti G35 Coupe, the doors did lock when you started driving. I returned to the Service Department, and had that feature disabled. Why? If I was in a major accident and became unconscious, I didn't want to make it difficult for First Res ponders to assist me by having to deal with locked doors. :(
If you have this option on your car,
LSESEnhanced Accident Response Systemthen you need not worry about first responders not being able to get in the vehicle. I have seen this first hand it does this:

• Cut off fuel to the engine.
  • Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is turned off.
  • Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is removed.
  • Unlock the doors automatically.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto door lock.

If you have this option on your car,
LSESEnhanced Accident Response Systemthen you need not worry about first responders not being able to get in the vehicle. I have seen this first hand it does this:

• Cut off fuel to the engine.
  • Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is turned off.
  • Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is removed.
  • Unlock the doors automatically.
This is the first I have heard of such a system. Is it aftermarket or dealer installed for some makes? Any idea of costs?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
This is the first I have heard of such a system. Is it aftermarket or dealer installed for some makes? Any idea of costs?
I would suspect that this happens automatically when the airbags go off.

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
476 Posts
It is factory installed system and is present on both the 124's i bought. check your window sticker. i don't remember my car doing when my car was totaled but i heard that some of the cars with this type of system will also call 911 using your phone if it is paired at the time of the accident.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto door lock.

It is factory installed system and is present on both the 124's i bought. check your window sticker. i don't remember my car doing when my car was totaled but i heard that some of the cars with this type of system will also call 911 using your phone if it is paired at the time of the accident.
You're absolutely right. There it is on the window sticker. Wonder how many other wonderful features of this fine vehicle are available but am not aware. :crying: The selling Studio spent all of 20 minutes explaining the 124 features upon releasing the new car. :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto door lock.

I would suspect that this happens automatically when the airbags go off.
Unknownsir pointed out that the feature is shown on the window sticker. It is listed as: "Enhanced Accident Response System."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after looking at Settings, I only found Auto Relock which has been set as 30s... my doors just not locking themselves automatically when i start driving. Any idea would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My car has a setting: Auto Door Locks: On >
in the Door Locks section, and if you hit the commander button, all of your choices are listed.

I have the Technology package with AKE.

I've noticed other errors in the manual and posted the primary corrections in my blog article. I personally prefer only hitting the door handle lock button only once to lock both doors, and that selection is also available in the Personalization settings, even though it isn't mentioned in the manual.

·
Registered
166 Posts
after looking at Settings, I only found Auto Relock which has been set as 30s... my doors just not locking themselves automatically when i start driving. Any idea would be much appreciated.
I think the car has to be on and running not in the accessory mode for it to show up. If I remember correct it's in the "Lights" section of settings. There's also a way to change it with the door lock switch - it's on page 31 of the owners manual for my Lusso.

·
Registered
Forte Black Metallic 2019 MT Abarth, Nero Rosso Interior, EC Ph2, V4, E&H Springs, GWR Sway Bars
137 Posts
You may
Auto door lock.

[/QUOTE
Almost all vehicles now have an auto-unlock feature that is typically triggered simultaneously with the deployment of the airbags, for the very reason you mentioned. I’m a former paramedic and can tell you I never rolled on a scene where the doors were locked and airbags had deployed. We were taught this to be the case, though everyone carried a carbide tipped glass breaker in the event doors were mangled such as to be inoperable and ingress was thru the window

1 - 15 of 15 Posts