Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Classica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post here on the site, I am looking at wanting to get a new 124 spider and upgrade it to about 300+ bhp (bigger turbo, tune, exhaust, air intake, etc). The issue is that in my area there are very few if any manual trans cars available. So my question is how much additional power can the auto trans models take before they have issues/ just completely break. I have had trouble finding an answer online anywhere and thought this is the perfect place to ask this. Thank you all in advance.

·
Banned
2,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Max torque of the auto trans is 230lbft. If you are making 300hp at say 6k, you are likely making at least 250hp at 5252, which means 250lbft of torque....

And therefore more than that lower in the rev range..

My guess is you'll be pushing it pretty close. But I'm sure that figure is pretty conservative so you may get away with more..

Lots of knowledgable people on here to help!

·
Banned
2,830 Posts
300hp sounds excessive and with a stuffed turbo/230whp you might be satisfied. check that out
First.

·
Registered
563 Posts
300hp sounds excessive and with a stuffed turbo/230whp you might be satisfied. check that out
First.
There are some people that are optimistic and looking to get more of this platform.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Classica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max torque of the auto trans is 230lbft. If you are making 300hp at say 6k, you are likely making at least 250hp at 5252, which means 250lbft of torque....

And therefore more than that lower in the rev range..

My guess is you'll be pushing it pretty close. But I'm sure that figure is pretty conservative so you may get away with more..

Lots of knowledgable people on here to help!
Thanks. From what it sounds like it maybe easier for me to just get a manual trans car shipped to my local dealer.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
No worries.

At 300hp, I'd be looking st the 1750ti if uiu want to stay in the fiat Alfa family. 240 is easy from that and 300 not far off. A 1.4 at 300hp is pretty highly strung!

Good luck though :)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I highly recommend Fountain Transport Services:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.