Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Just for curiosity, the Chip box is an equivilent to the Euro Drive Lite (piggy back). Installation is the same procedure as EDL
except the EDL comes with 5 maps and the Chip box is static(one map) correct me if wrong.

·
755 Posts
Any updates on the Seletron chipbox?
I have one that I plan to put on a dyno as soon as I can find a local Spider owner who wants to help out with the testing. My car is to heavily modified to consider using. My plan is to dyno test my Tork Tuned Stage 1+ back to back with a Chipbox on a stockish Spider and see what the real differences are. I know that the flash tune will be more powerful but I think we might be surprised by how much more.

Any East Tenessee Spider owners out there with a stockish car want to help out?

Auto Ricambi has sold lots of these with overwhelmingly positive feedback. If you are looking for a quick and easy bolt-on 25-30 hp (claimed by Seletron), this is a good option.

AR has them in stock now.
Chipbox

·
Registered
529 Posts
Look forward to seeing this data... Always appreciate and support a vendor who goes the extra mile.

·
755 Posts
Just for curiosity, the Chip box is an equivilent to the Euro Drive Lite (piggy back). Installation is the same procedure as EDL
except the EDL comes with 5 maps and the Chip box is static(one map) correct me if wrong.
The only similarity between the Chipbox and the EDL is that they are plug-in tunes or piggybacks.

As for the 5 vs 1 map, why does the product need 5 maps when 1 is sufficient. If adjustability is desired, there is a way to do this in the Chipbox by turning the little wheel inside the box. It comes set at 5 and can be cranked to 9 for maximum effect.

Also, the Chipbox is TuV approved so the quality is verified.

·
755 Posts
Just to be ckear, Brett, you are affiliated with AR and therefore sell this product? I wouldn't hold it against you or the product, just appreciate the disclosure.
This is indeed true. I am not advertising, just answering questions posted here.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The only similarity between the Chipbox and the EDL is that they are plug-in tunes or piggybacks.

As for the 5 vs 1 map, why does the product need 5 maps when 1 is sufficient. If adjustability is desired, there is a way to do this in the Chipbox by turning the little wheel inside the box. It comes set at 5 and can be cranked to 9 for maximum effect.

Also, the Chipbox is TuV approved so the quality is verified.
Brett I rather have a choice of 5 maps then 1, Originally when I bought the EDL, it had a race+ but I went with a lower map since I had a V1 air intake, then sold the V1 and bought the V4 and went with the Race + map.
So I think, pending on what you have modified on your car, 5 maps is better than 1.

·
755 Posts
Brett I rather have a choice of 5 maps then 1, Originally when I bought the EDL, it had a race+ but I went with a lower map since I had a V1 air intake, then sold the V1 and bought the V4 and went with the Race + map.
So I think, pending on what you have modified on your car, 5 maps is better than 1.
Maybe so in the case of the EDL. What we have seen is that there is only so much a Spider (or any car) can gain with a piggyback tune. Despite what people have said, there are no supporting mods needed to run the Chipbox. It is simply not necessary to do the cold air intake and other mods for this kind of upgrade.

The most you will get is 25-30 hp regardless.

Both options are work, only one of them is TuV approved though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Brett, I will not go too deep in the maps cause I am not an expert, EC did state the race+ map was in the 4X HP and I did notice like others the differnce in HP of lower maps. I will let GREG debate this with you since they developed the maps.
Correct me if wrong, Auto Ricambi has 2 sensor connection while EC has 3. maybe that's why the extra HP.

·
755 Posts
Brett, I will not go too deep in the maps cause I am not an expert, EC did state the race+ map was in the 4X HP and I did notice like others the differnce in HP of lower maps. I will let GREG debate this with you since they developed the maps.
Correct me if wrong, Auto Ricambi has 2 sensor connection while EC has 3. maybe that's why the extra HP.
The Chipbox has 3 connections as well. To be clear, I am not claiming that the EDL is not a good product, just that there is only so much that can be expected of a piggyback and that costly mods are NOT necessary for the piggyback.

The Chipbox also includes a bypass plug.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Chipbox has 3 connections as well. To be clear, I am not claiming that the EDL is not a good product, just that there is only so much that can be expected of a piggyback and that costly mods are NOT necessary for the piggyback.

The Chipbox also includes a bypass plug.
Based on a couple videos I've watched it seems the easiest piggybag to actually install, relative to EC and Madness. But that may just be my perception.

·
755 Posts
Based on a couple videos I've watched it seems the easiest piggybag to actually install, relative to EC and Madness. But that may just be my perception.
I have personally installed both products and the Chipbox is indeed much easier to install.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Bret I see the Chip box has 2 Brex while the EC has 3 (cam connectors which is the hardest and is all the way in the back) But if the Chip box had the Cam connector it would be as hard as the EC. Having the Cam connector I say 3 better 2.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts