Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to replace an axle yet? I have a very small popping sound when reversing up hill and on initial acceleration. I am thinking it could be one of my axles on its way out. All the boots look good and nothing seems out of place. Car is just under 50k

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone had to replace an axle yet? I have a very small popping sound when reversing up hill and on initial acceleration. I am thinking it could be one of my axles on its way out. All the boots look good and nothing seems out of place. Car is just under 50k
Hello gtjosh,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. Have you considered addressing this with your certified dealer? If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to go this route, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
267 Posts
What year? There is a Mazda TSB about the "power plant frame" being incorrectly torqued causing it to move under certain loads. It would create this popping sound. I believe it impacted 2017 model year 124's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Doesn’t sound like the video but I do have a 2017
If you have just under 50k I would take it to a dealer and have them perform the TSB just in case - should be warranty work as I believe all 124's have a 48 month / 50,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I agree with Clutch. If you are under warranty just take it to the dealer. An axle is not a wear item so it usually isn't "on it's way out". It's either broken or it's not. And if it's broken you know it. You have something loose than has to be torqued back down is my guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts