Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone required touch-up or body work on the Azzurro Italia blue components?

I'm strongly considering a repaint to this gorgeous blue, and I'm wondering it it's possible that the dealer body shop could even order the paint...

Asking before I try to find a shop that will actually do it if they get the paint

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Is the Fiat blue cross-matched to a Mazda color? I'm not sure how body shops obtain, or possibly mix paints, but I would guess a paint code would help, Fiat or Mazda.

A few weeks ago I stopped at a local auto parts store well known for also mixing paint to order for local body shops and general customers. I believe PPG brand paints. Anyway, I needed a touch up paint kit. I gave them my Kia paint code from my VIN tag, he found that it matches three very, very slightly different versions of the same color. He gave me the color swatches to compare to the car, I picked the one that matched, and he made me a perfect match.

Don't know if this is useful to you, but good luck anyway. The blue does look very good indeed.

Steve.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ANYBODY can mix the paint.. its a common factory fiat color.. Just cuz we got SCREWED in the USA , doesnt mean it's top secret.. Best color EVER... and ive debated a repaint to it....

It's CRUEL that we can't get that color here.. 2018 blue just doesnt cut it...
IS the US doomed to Never having Azzurro as an option?? if so.. I'll repaint my next one, or see if it can be special ordered.. I have a Meteor gray/Black/ 6 spd stick with EVERY factory option.. hard to find... noticing even my headlights are a rarity... I'd most likely have to special order..

Reactions: Brexit ! and Jaybo

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
If money were no object, I'd order a blue and sell my red Abarth. Such a pretty color . . . .!
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
534 Posts
Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the Isola d'Elba blue that they got on the Continent but we were denied in NA. FIAT really treated us rather poorly in NA imo. I had to settle for the Grigio Argento. GO BLUE!!!! (Class of 1977 U-M).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well yeah... I know the USA Special Edition launch car was Azzurro...

But I dont like the saddle..... or the special edition placards... and all the ones i've seen are Automatics... so thats a triple No Go for me...
IF they dont bring it here for 2019, buying a Black on Black Abarth 6spd and painting it Azzurro with Black Heritage Stripe, leave door jambs/trunk, etc. black

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Azzurro blue was an option for 2017 in the USA, there were 124 prima edition cars with that color. I've got one, and hope they won't bring it back so mine stays rare.
I just saw a car online that is NOT a Prima, but happens to have that Azzurro Dynamic Blue paint. It's a unicorn as far as I can tell, so that makes 125 cars!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking to buy one that is also an Azzurro Blue, Lusso with Saddle leather, automatic. Also NOT a Prima pkg. It's almost like someone ordered it to be a Prima Edizione clone &/or liked the look but didn't to pay the extra $7505.00 for that pkg. I may buy this one if I can work the dealer down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking to buy one that is also an Azzurro Blue, Lusso with Saddle leather, automatic. Also NOT a Prima pkg. It's almost like someone ordered it to be a Prima Edizione clone &/or liked the look but didn't want to pay the extra $7505.00 for that pkg. I may buy this one if I can work the dealer down.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm looking to buy one that is also an Azzurro Blue, Lusso with Saddle leather, automatic. Also NOT a Prima pkg. It's almost like someone ordered it to be a Prima Edizione clone &/or liked the look but didn't to pay the extra $7505.00 for that pkg. I may buy this one if I can work the dealer down.
I've actually seen that car for sale a few times, the window sticker says it came originally in the Azzurro Blue but as you mentioned, it's not a Prima Edizione, it doesn't have the plaque or the LED lights. That car might be rarer than the actual Primas.

Personally, I would still try to get one of the 124s. This one has been on sale since March and I think you can negotiate a good discount on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
when the blue color first came out I really wanted it
then I got disappointed when it was only on the lusso
but after all these years, now I think all abarths should be white or red
the shiny blue and the ghetto mare color just don't seem right although the dark blue has grown on me

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ok, I have a Prima, # 51. So there were only 124 made? In the world? How many of those came to America? Thanks.
There are a few Prima Edizione throughout the world. The US gets the blue, Canada gets the brown etc. The blue color the US gets is unique to those 124 cars (although I've seen an Azurro not Prima for sale in the US so there are a few stragglers). I believe that Azzurro blue is unique to the American continent, but it's a standard color in Europe and Japan just not in their Prima editions.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The "Prima" editions of the Fiat 124 Spider in Europe were called "Anniversary" editions and were available only in Passione Red with black leather interior (possibly only MT also?), based on the Lusso Plus but without keyless entry or the backup camera. 124 of them were made available in the UK and Italy with another 124 spread across other European countries. Since the silver mirror covers and red "124" badge for the grille could be bought as accessories, the only truly unique/limited feature was the numbered plaque (and the lack of keyless entry and the backup camera, what were they thinking?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts