Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 124 Abarth
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the battery with an X2Power Premium AGM. Easy peasy, just be careful with the disconnect and reconnect of the positive terminal. It's an exact fit. Was in stock at Batteries+Bulbs. No restart reset problems either; didn't even lose my programed favorites on the Infotainment system.

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
132 Posts
$300 sigh.... I need to get some distilled water and top off my factory 2017 "maintenance required" battery before I regret it....

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Looks good...maintenance free and it's got a handle.....Cheers

Reactions: Karl Kramer

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
2017 black Abarth
32 Posts
There are at least two of that brand and $300 and that look the same and have similar titles (couldn't find one that had fiat in the name) - note his screenshot shows "SLI35AGMDP" which you can use in the URL to get directly there. (also says it weighs 45lbs)

·
Registered
846 Posts
@Karl Kramer 2 years is not very long for the OE battery to have lasted, or did you just decide to "upgrade"?

·
Registered
2019 124 Abarth
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Karl Kramer 2 years is not very long for the OE battery to have lasted, or did you just decide to "upgrade"?
Car went into service in 2018, Tucson is hotter than a witches t#t most of the year, and I'm about to embark on a 6.5K mile road trip. So a combination of upgrade and piece of mind made me do it.

·
Registered
2019 124 Abarth
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are at least two of that brand and $300 and that look the same and have similar titles (couldn't find one that had fiat in the name) - note his screenshot shows "SLI35AGMDP" which you can use in the URL to get directly there. (also says it weighs 45lbs)
The series 35 fits the current battery compartment like a glove. Actually a smidge lower, which is even better.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Are X2Power and Northstar the same thing? I can't find the X2Power on Amazon, but the Northstar looks pretty much identical to the photo in the OP of this thread.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just replaced the battery with an X2Power Premium AGM. Easy peasy, just be careful with the disconnect and reconnect of the positive terminal. It's an exact fit. Was in stock at Batteries+Bulbs. No restart reset problems either; didn't even lose my programed favorites on the Infotainment system. View attachment 85471
Arizona or Florida. I've lived in both places. You're lucky to get 3 years out of a 72 month battery because the heat just kills batteries. I'm also taking a 7500 mile road trip in July, but taking the 15 year old Lexus. Just bought an Interstate battery at Costco (700 CCA) for $99.00. Installing this weekend. I want peace of mind too while on the road. My last battery, a Duracell, (purchased at Sam's club) lasted only 29 months. My current Duracell is only 28 months old, but I don't need battery failure while in the mountains or great plains. The price for living in Florida and year round driving. I guess the constant expense is offset by the fact that I don't pay any state income tax. Regretfully, though we still have Matt "jail bait" Gaetz in Congress, two embarrassing U.S. Senators and a dictator wanna be 50 miles away. I know politics is off-limits here, but I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Karl - Were you able to keep the battery case insulator jacket in place with the X2 installation?
Others have replaced their batteries but had to discard the jacket due to the tight fit. I'm thinking the engineers had a good reason to wrap the battery due to the turbo heat.

Reactions: Arthur

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
53 Posts
"........two embarrassing U.S. Senators and a dictator wanna be 50 miles away. I know politics is off-limits here, but I couldn't resist."........errr..... I escaped two years ago to Florida from the economic, ecological and Covid disaster known as New Jersey (NYC metropolitan area). Seems to me that Florida managed it masterfully as the Covid death toll, tax and economic recovery numbers bear that out.....I also pay 1/2 the property tax (and I'm on the ocean), no state income and a boatload less in business and service "fees", nevermind 1000% better roads and infastructure......Not getting the whole "dictator" political narrative.....My only complain about Florida as it pertains to my 124 is there are not enough curvy roads to test my suspension. I sometime dream of driving up to those Kentucky back roads that Maggofin generously posts from time to time.....

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
53 Posts
.......... two embarrassing U.S. Senators and a dictator wanna be 50 miles away. I know politics is off-limits here, but I couldn't resist.
.......errr..... I escaped two years ago to Florida from the economic, ecological and Covid disaster known as New Jersey (NYC metropolitan area). Seems to me that Florida managed it masterfully as the Covid death toll, tax and economic recovery numbers bear that out.....I also pay 1/2 the property tax (and I'm on the ocean), no state income and a boatload less in business and service "fees", nevermind 1000% better roads and infrastructure......Not getting the whole "dictator" political narrative.....My only complain about Florida as it pertains to my 124 is there are not enough curvy roads to test my suspension. I sometime dream of driving up to those Kentucky back roads that Maggofin generously posts from time to time.....

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Just checked the UK marketplace for the above....none, however...whilst reading through a USA advert for it I did see.....weight 57 LBS !?! Our OEM battery weighs in at 39.4 lbs, which I think is too heavy but 57 lbs ....
UK recommended "Exide" battery is listed in "124Spider Basic Ownership Rules...some of" along with a contribution by one of the guys for the US/N.American market. So that's a bit of a blow then, Cheers

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
$300 sigh.... I need to get some distilled water and top off my factory 2017 "maintenance required" battery before I regret it....
I just added water to my factory 2017 battery for the first time two weeks ago LOL. Only one cell was a bit too low. The battery is still working great.

Reactions: melandat

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Just replaced the battery with an X2Power Premium AGM. Easy peasy, just be careful with the disconnect and reconnect of the positive terminal. It's an exact fit. Was in stock at Batteries+Bulbs. No restart reset problems either; didn't even lose my programed favorites on the Infotainment system. View attachment 85471
I want this battery. This is what I’m getting when it’s time to replace mine.

@ameridan could you kindly add this battery to your list of replacements?

Reactions: CDPond and ameridan

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
A few sites saying this battery is 48lbs. Anyone have an accurate weight?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
A few sites saying this battery is 48lbs. Anyone have an accurate weight?
Yes..strange that......The one I posted above says 57 Lbs and that seems stupid, so yes we need to know boys as the battery itself seems good......Cheers
ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts