Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from MO... I am so happy to have discovered this car (was looking at a mustang and I'm a ford guy) and am quite please to have found this group.

Purchased a white base Abarth on Feb 4th... picked it up from a dealer in TX and drove it home because after more than a month my local dealer couldn't get one. Because of a thread in this group I had the build sheet and the dealer agreed to get the fender badges. I already have 3000+ miles on it and just did the first $90 oil change at the dealer. I drive a lot and my average speed is 56 and MPG is 28 - hwy driving at 80+ plus a lot of farm roads from my home to KC.

I'll update my modes in other threads but so far I have the EuroCompulsion V4 intake, DV+ and the stubby antenna (all the easy stuff). Next will be brakes, muffler delete and when the current tires wear out new light weight 17x8 or 9 rims. Actually like the suspension so I'm probably going to leave that as is for now.

Oh - also have the lipstick and nose ring (front bumper red trim piece and tow eye cover) on order from ebay England. Ebay seems to be the place as I also got a $99 Navigation card.

So - hi and thanks for contributing!

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congratulations. Wow, you are really adding the miles. I've had mine four months and I'm only at 2k. I'm getting 23.5 mpg. The red bits from Desira in England will look great. Perla white? Mine is Gelato white, which was especially difficult to find. Like you, I ended up searching out of state.

·
Registered
298 Posts
LBJim, there was no issue with California emissions assuming you bought out of state? I looked all over OR, AZ and all of Cali. Bought in SoCal as price was much better. Short hop on Southwest and a reasonable drive back to the Bay. We did the same with our last car as well. Just wondering about the emissions... We may be looking for something in the next year or two as the next generation of the family are now driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Prosecco - I was also looking out of state (Nevada) but ended up getting mine from southern Calif. When I talked to the DMV I was told that there is a certain way for the selling dealer to do the paperwork so that the car can just be registered in Calif. without it needing to go thru smog testing or much of a hassle. It also needs to specifically state on the stickers on the car that it's made for California emissions - I think the exact term was "50 state emissions" on the sticker in the engine bay. Not a problem with the Fiat's but if you're looking at other cars it's worth checking.

·
Registered
727 Posts
LBJim, there was no issue with California emissions assuming you bought out of state? I looked all over OR, AZ and all of Cali. Bought in SoCal as price was much better. Short hop on Southwest and a reasonable drive back to the Bay. We did the same with our last car as well. Just wondering about the emissions... We may be looking for something in the next year or two as the next generation of the family are now driving.
No significant issues. You do have to drive a new out-of-state Fiat 124 a couple hundred miles before it will pass a California smog check because the onboard computer which sends emissions data has to complete a full cycle. Time for this is not an issue, as you are given several weeks of grace period before the car needs to be registered.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Welcome aboard. I don't see those fender badges in the picture? Enjoy the new car and installing your mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts