Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, let’s hear it!!

From $100-$1000, what can I do to get a lil more fun outa the car and not void my warranty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
EXHAUST???

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,875 Posts
Technically, nothing voids the warranty being installed in/on the car. If something were to break or go wrong and could be attributed to it, that repair would not be covered under warranty.

To answer a bit more specifically, an upgraded diverter whether the GFB DV+ or one of the Forge units. Can get a Blow Off Plate to hear the boost relief to go with the DV+ or Forge makes theirs in either recirc or atm blow off.

Pedal enhancer. Many to choose from. I have used Madness GoPedal Pro, EC PedalPro, and Vaitrix Digi.Pedal.

Piggyback or ECU Flash Tune. Personal choice as to what your ends are.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,875 Posts
Since the exhaust thing popped up. I would 100% change the crosspipe out with a better version whether you change the rest of the exhaust or not. That alone will help with performance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
With "momentum" cars like the 124, and the kind of tight, technical roads I drive, I prefer to stiffen the chassis and add grip with more/better rubber... these can up the cornering speeds significantly, allowing you to maintain more of that momentum...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm the rare bird here who is just fine with what the factory put under the hood (except for installing the GFB DV+, and the Eurocompulsion air tube from the filter box to the turbo). But, my non-racer, posted speed limit back road wanderer side wanted a more planted feel on the twisties, so I installed a set of Goodwin Racing Roadstersport anti-sway bars. Wheels and tires are factory stock Classica. But the bars on the gentlest setting, they are a great improvement over stock for controlling body roll while I'm out in the countryside visiting the cows. And they are well within the budget you set.

Steve.

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Most fun I ever have in my car is taking to the track. Won't void your warranty at all. Your insurance company might not like it though. If I can ever find a piece of pavement big enough I want to drift it until the rear tires explode.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Got to say......Exhaust gets my vote also....For a modern Sports Car the basic exhaust not only weighs a ton but is pathetic, I youtubed the exhaust sounds from different systems, read reports from reviewers and noted e bay sales then plumped for the Good-Win Dual Tip. I had to import it of course so customs duty and that couple of weeks waiting, however.....not only is it light and was simple to swap out (less than 30 minutes on my own) but that sound........
It has a start up Burble, Reminds you it is there throughout your drive and folk turn to admire the Spider not make faces "as the sound is not too loud". With the remainder of your spare cash I would probably say GFB DV+ and Eibach or similar Pro Fit springs as they changed my Classica loose handling into proper Sports Car Response.
Warranty, as already stated, is only affected on claims made to components where you have changed out from OEM so your Exhaust should not be a problem I would think, which is why I agree that that is the one area where you WILL immediately (especially if you throw in a performance Air Filter) benefit and get that "Grin factor".....Cheers
ron

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking exhaust also but like to try some local autocross and they require muffler! So is there an exhaust out there that has a muffler and might give it a lil more HP?

·
Vendor
694 Posts
Technically, nothing voids the warranty being installed in/on the car. If something were to break or go wrong and could be attributed to it, that repair would not be covered under warranty.

To answer a bit more specifically, an upgraded diverter whether the GFB DV+ or one of the Forge units. Can get a Blow Off Plate to hear the boost relief to go with the DV+ or Forge makes theirs in either recirc or atm blow off.

Pedal enhancer. Many to choose from. I have used Madness GoPedal Pro, EC PedalPro, and Vaitrix Digi.Pedal.

We have many customers who say the MADNESS GOPedal is "The best bang for your buck" for upgrades that make your FIAT more fun to drive. It installs in minutes and can be completely reversed just as quickly.

The MADNESS GOPedal is a throttle control module that provides four different modes and 8 settings, to adjust the throttle response and reduce the initial lag felt in your FIAT.

If you have any questions about the GOPedal or any MADNESS performance upgrades feel free to reach out to us directly via phone, email, or send us a PM through the forums.

·
Registered
72 Posts

+1. My only mods are the Madness GoPedal and the Soletron piggyback ECU. It feels like a totally new car. Both are completely reversible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts