Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,647 Posts
It just makes your 25% input to be 35% So practically for free you just can push throttle little bit stronger. Different presets just modulate pressure via some curve data. It gives nice illusion that car is bit more responsive, downside it means you have less direct correlation between pressure and actual input.
With the Basic GoPedal or any of the others that are multi stepped in Sport or Eco, etc I agree, they just amplify or suppress the signal in a linear fashion. One of the features of the GoPedal Pro BlueTooth is a custom map. I used this one to create a steep map up to 70% throttle and then "flatter" the final 30% for race purposes. So staying in the upper band, I had more fine control for the majority of the pedal travel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not usually one for unabashed fan-boy level foaming at the mouth about a product...but, I just have to rant about how great the Vaitrix Digipedal Commander is.

But first, maybe a word about my approach to mods on this car is in order to put things in context.

I am not a track guy, a drag racer, or an autocrosser. But I do love performance, spirit, handling, and balance...things this car has in abundance.

So, my approach to mods has been to make things the way I think they should have been from the factory...you know, if the manufacturer didn't have to make compromises and concessions due to regulations, appealing to the largest customer base, emission standards, and of course cutting corners to keep costs down. So the "upgrades" are not all aimed at better measurable performance but also aimed at reliability, fit and finish, and plain old peace-of-mind.

As such, I have so far done:
GFB DV+. (a superior design to the OEM piece)
PTP Turbo Blanket. (all turbos deserve a blanket!)
EuroCompulsion V4 Intake. (great design, frees up space for catch-can placement)
Vaitrix boost gauge. (all turbo cars need a boost gauge!)
Goodwin Racing RoadsterSport Exhaust for Fiat 124 Abarth. (it just looks and sounds awesome!)

But, if I'm honest, I never really felt much of a performance boost from any of them...certainly none that couldn't be explained by placebo factor alone.

In fact, despite my choices and being happy with the "upgrade" in each case inline with my approach to modding, only the exhaust really put a smile on my face, even though I'm happy with each and would do them all again.

Then comes the Vaitrix Digipedal Commander!!!

This thing is, in a word...BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!
It is my favourite mod by far. BY FAR. It really wakes the car up. It is so much fun. And it pairs perfectly with the exhaust.

I'm doing a full article that isn't finished yet - but I'm so elated with this little thing I felt compelled to share.

So far:
I've tried most of the settings...but ~10 on the sport mode is about my sweet spot (it goes from 1-13).
It makes the car so much more responsive, sound so good, and so much fun to drive. Honestly, I'd rather drive this car in std mode with the Vaitrix Digipedal Commander engaged than in sport mode! Of course sport mode with the Digipedal on 10 is an absolute hoot.
I don't have any ecu mods, but got occasional natural pops and bangs with the Goodwin exhaust. With the Digipedal I definitely get more - but almost always intentional and so far definitely not too much.
I am going to have to raise the boost alarm on my gauge a bit as I'm hitting 23psi all the time now.
Even the eco mode is pretty neat - almost comical on its lowest setting but I can def see it useful in slippery conditions and/or if you let someone else drive the car

Bottom line: I could rant for ages. It makes this car exactly what it always should have been - wicked responsive and wicked fun. It's how the car should be in my humble opinion. I love it. Best mod I've ever made - by a long shot. Just awesome. Do yourself a favour - get one!

PS - I paid full retail (actually wifey did for Father's Day gift) and I doubt Eurocompulsion or Vaitrix even know who I am - so this is just my opinion for my fellow enthusiasts and fans.

I second your motion! This is a great inexpensive mod that really improves the drivability in my view. Just don't use the lowest setting in the ECO model unless you are driving on a sheet of ice. makes the care almost sell just trying to move its own weight. I've found that I enjoy the 7 setting in Sport mode.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I second your motion! This is a great inexpensive mod that really improves the drivability in my view. Just don't use the lowest setting in the ECO model unless you are driving on a sheet of ice. makes the care almost sell just trying to move its own weight. I've found that I enjoy the 7 setting in Sport mode.
Do you notice any negatives with it and a manual?

·
Registered
135 Posts
It just makes your 25% input to be 35% So practically for free you just can push throttle little bit stronger. Different presets just modulate pressure via some curve data. It gives nice illusion that car is bit more responsive, downside it means you have less direct correlation between pressure and actual input.
For me, every other car I have driven feels more direct than the Spider. There is a range where the factory throttle input feels mushy like a flat area on a curve and my Seletron Pedalbooster corrects it to continue to feel more linear.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Agree. I like my seletron as well.

And yes when stock the pedal feel isnt great. My other car is a cx3 with basically the mx5 2.0 akyactiv 150. I wont lie, the pedal in that plus responsiveness of a good 2.0 N/A is rather nice and puts the stock 124 to shame.

But dialling in about 25 on the seletron feels really good.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
I’ll actually never be gone, I have multiple accounts and ever-changing VPN’s :)

You’ll never know it, but I will always be here!

:D
Just like a sexually transmitted disease... and equally appreciated. lol

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Silly me for thinking "best mod" referred to our moderators.

At this point, folks, I think we should let gravity be our best friend.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Reactions: jetlag and wolf18t
41 - 55 of 55 Posts