Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a “new” old stock 2018 Abarth. The RM exhaust wasn’t standard in 18, and I want it! Where do I buy it, how much an$ is it a DIY or do I need a welding rig?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good! Is that the Nero black or metallic?

You can buy the exhaust right from the Mopar site. I'd add a link but I'm not allowed yet! It's Part Number : 82215590

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metallic. I’d been shopping for 6mo for a loaded Abarth, then I found this one in Alabama of all places. Only thing it doesn’t have is RM exhaust. Brembo, Bose, Recaro, Nav.....just doesn’t sound like a real Italian roadster...yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You bought that car, congrats! That was one I was looking at and was too slow, so I just picked mine up in OH over the weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you looking for better exhaust. I am still deciding between the Record Monza or Goodwin.

Group 1 Auto Parts had the best price when I was looking and I have purchased from them before, enjoy your car!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Reactions: sl_austin

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I can't recall where I got mine right off hand, but I paid around $750 shipped to me. Not sure how ridiculous Mopar is. There is an old thread about the exhaust. A few of us got it from the same place. It was a dealer in the northeast.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have the hanger tool but for me it was just easier to squirt soapy water on the rubber hangers and use my hands to pry off.

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Yep....I researched and decided on the Good-Win exhaust, have owned it some months now and absolutely love it, I got the dual tip but it sounds like the Quad is where you are at....I jacked up the rear for easy access, went under with a soapy water squirter, worked the hanger rubbers off and swapped out the end system in about twenty minutes also.
The Record Monza seems to be unloved by some in the UK as they keep appearing on ebay uk, it cost me more that you guys would pay as I had to import the Good-Win exhaust, but having research and watched youtube videos I found "For Me" the Brian Goodwin video and thread here to be the most interesting and best.
Whatever system you choose......consider living with it long term" first....folk have reported some Too Loud or Drone when on a trip and if you do decide to fit it yourself it does just slide in and the tips lined up with the bodywork first time, so don't fully tighten and torque load until you have checked alignment and clearance visually. Cheers
ron

Reactions: wrh3

·
Banned
40 Posts
Anyone interested in buying a Record Monza? Have one with 2000 miles on it. Send me a private message!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The hanger tool makes it SO much easier.
I second the motion. Hanger tool (and a set of Rhino ramps) made the job super easy for me.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Banned
40 Posts
Curious what you replaced it with.
Had first the goodwin, way too loud for my ears, couldnt talk to the passenger at all.
Then after i got a ticket for disturbance with the goodwin, i replaced with a monza, it was perfect.
Then unfortunately had to sell the car to get a commuter car... :-S

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm looking at three Spiders right now with the RM exhaust on them... I'm keen, but I wonder, do folks that have them get complaints from spouses/neighbors?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm looking at three Spiders right now with the RM exhaust on them... I'm keen, but I wonder, do folks that have them get complaints from spouses/neighbors?
Do I want complainers for neighbors?

I really can't see it being an issue. I won't tune my car in my garage, rev it endlessly in my driveway, or leave it running for extended periods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts