Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do I want complainers for neighbors?

I really can't see it being an issue. I won't tune my car in my garage, rev it endlessly in my driveway, or leave it running for extended periods.

My neighbors have zero leg to stand on, with their straight-piped Harleys, pick-ups and Mustangs... neither do I, for that matter, with my straight-piped Volkswagen...

I was more inquiring about those that already have the RM exhaust and the reaction to it from those around them... I'm just trying to get an idea of how loud the system actually is, hard to gauge from videos on YouTube, and it seems to have a higher octave register than some vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My neighbors have zero leg to stand on, with their straight-piped Harleys, pick-ups and Mustangs... neither do I, for that matter, with my straight-piped Volkswagen...

I was more inquiring about those that already have the RM exhaust and the reaction to it from those around them... I'm just trying to get an idea of how loud the system actually is, hard to gauge from videos on YouTube, and it seems to have a higher octave register than some vehicles.
When I had a 500 Abarth nobody ever complained about my exhaust. The Record Monza actually has a muffler so I'd imagine it's at least a tad more quiet. Haven't heard the Record Monza in-person though, so do what you will with that information.

·
Registered
439 Posts
One of my neighbors has a 1967 Rolls Royce. I tease him about it being too quiet. We probably benefit more than most from homes not being close together.

Detroit's famed Woodward Avenue is not far away, and we hear car and motorcycle "music" all summer. I can't say I've heard of much noise enforcement.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not only have three been no complaints from the neighbors, but two different guys on my block have stopped me to tell me how much they like the sound Lola makes...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts