Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Love my Wilwood kit too, but I didn't go all out, only picked up the 4-piston version on the 12.2 rotors.
It seems great for my level of courage behind the wheel & no tracks nearby.
Which version did you get?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forged Dynalite 12.19 inch kit with BP 10 pads. They're just perfect for lively street driving.
It' just another enhancement to a fun and wonderful car. The list "so far" includes Ohlins coilovers, larger sway bars, lightweight 949 rims, nitro nt5 235/40 zr17, v4 intake, reflashed ecm and custom exhaust.
Next will be the larger intercooler and ecm next level reflash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt the oem brakes were fading under heavy braking. Larger rotor Wilwood ,fronts only, definitively made a significant impact on improving the heavy braking issue.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Abarths at the Bondurant Trackside school have standard 124 Spider brakes. Many of the maneuvers that are taught in the class involve heavy breaking. No issues whatsoever!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Did a couple of mods, GFB, EuroCompulsion ECU clone, muffler delete, upgraded intake....still don't feel the need for better brakes....maybe later...but it stops just fine right now...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I felt the oem brakes were fading under heavy braking. Larger rotor Wilwood ,fronts only, definitively made a significant impact on improving the heavy braking issue.
I had them installed as well and I love the solid feel. The stock brakes at Bondurant were good, but felt like marshmallows in comparison. The Wilwoods feel closer to the big brakes & rotors I had on my Corvette.

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
441 Posts
I had them installed as well and I love the solid feel. The stock brakes at Bondurant were good, but felt like marshmallows in comparison. The Wilwoods feel closer to the big brakes & rotors I had on my Corvette.
LBJ, I remember you writing about the Wilwoods earlier this year. What did you do about the rear brakes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts