Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
JDM Build Classica [Full Bolt-Ons] EuroCompulsion Tuned
27 Posts
I mean, if you call Cars and Coffee a rice "burner" meet then sure? Fiat isn't particularly big in Las Vegas, nor is the Abarth brand. SoCal would have a larger audience for sure.

There's literally no point in me paying a premium for those when I'd be swapping out all of those components to begin with, aside from the Brembos. The plasticy look of the Abarth trim doesn't really suit my JDM OEM+ look I'm going for either. So, yeah, different strokes for different folks. The Abarth wheels look hideous, Record Monza is okay but still would have went with a custom exhaust, Bilstein shocks would have been replaced with Fortune Auto suspension, LSD I can get one from Goodwin for $1.4k that functions better than the stock Abarth LSD. And whoopdie doo, the Abarth has a sport mode button and 4 more HP (in USA) over the Classica and Lusso trims. Really a pathetic "sports" brand if they can't even use an upgraded engine like the STi and Nismo brands.

Here's are pictures for the inspiration of the 326 wing. Yes, the 326 wing is bigger and was the purpose of its creation. Sure, it's not as performance to cost ratio effective as a GT style wing, but is still functional.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
619 Posts
Why don't you add up the actual cost of all the Abarth upgrades and tell me they are just a "premium" upgrade with no value added performance.....you're kidding yourself mate. Bilstein, Brembo, LSD, Record Monza exhaust, wheels, external and internal modifications.....
In the US market neither the Brembo nor the Record Monza were standard features. They were very pricey options. There are many brake upgrades just as good or better than the Brembo for less money. Same with the Record Monza.

The LSD as well, if you are a serious autocrosser, you'll find the factory LSD limiting and may want to upgrade to the OS Giken instead.

In those cases paying extra for the Abarth features you're going to upgrade away from makes no sense.

Also there are NO internal differences between the Abarth and Classica/Lusso models. It's all trim and tune.

You buy the Abarth because it's what you want - fine. But if you want a bare bones platform to make your own, nothing wrong at all with the non Abarth model.

Some of us, well, just think the Abarth is a bit less stylish and more boy racer looking. It's called personal preference. Just because I like the Classica styling better doesn't mean I don't get to change what I want about my car's performance just because I didn't buy an Abarth.

·
Registered
Driven District
236 Posts
Can also verify from Kingu Tabemono Kaiju that the wing you are looking at is a 326 Power Universal Manriki Wing imported from Japan. The wing itself is an OEM+ styling from the 240sx (S15 gen). Pictures of my 124 with the 326 wing below.

View attachment 94222
As someone who is usually not a fan of larger wings, I honestly love this wing on the 124. After seeing @k.kxlay car with it, I thought it looked beautiful. It adds just the right amount of aggressiveness without it being over the top, and it flows well with the car. (obviously that is my opinion).

In the end, like most mods (especially a more controversial part like this), it might be a love it or hate it. I just find it odd how some people go so far out of their way to put so much passion into their hate on other peoples builds or their parts. I have seen plenty of things I dislike on 124's throughout the Forum and Facebook groups. I just scroll on by, or if I feel the need to leave my opinion, it's very subtle and not to the point where it just sounds like petty arguing. For example, I dislike the red veleno package on this car, simple as that. I see photos of them all the time, not once have I felt the urge to comment that I don't think it looks good lol The owner obviously likes it, and I respect that...I never felt obligated to say I don't like it lol

A wing like this needs to fit the cars build, and in the photo I linked of the blue 124, I think it fits perfect. It has more of a JDM vibe to it, and i'm totally fine with that. Heck i'm swapping a K24 in my second 124 Spider so that will be getting some more JDM blood in her and I'm actually putting this exact wing on it as it will fit that particular build that I'm going after for that car.

With that said, @tomcullen if you're interested in the legit 326 Power wing like @k.kxlay has and that I have, then you can message me as I became an Authorized Dealer for 326 Power. I don't have them listed on my Driven District website yet, but I can get you a quote shipped to your area for you. They are not cheap though...the other option is going with a knockout which I believe is what the photo you posted was of that white car.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts