Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a bike rack, this works! It feels solid, goes on and off easily and looks really cool to me.

It's made by Seasucker. Really nicely built.

Steve

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,023 Posts
Saw you post this on the FB group. This is genius! Looks great, works well! My only concern would be the rubber deteriorating over time and losing its holding ability, but I'd give it a good 2-3 years before that starts becoming an issue. Very cool!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Very cool rack! Pricey but that is a ton of CNC work. Very cool rack, bike, and yeah, car!!

I am sure the rack has no issues holding that 14-15 pound machine! Specialized has been doing some great designs the past few years. I ride a BMC, but have been thinking about a Specialized. Love the color combo as well, I have not seen that on the road.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Cool. And funny. I live in NY, have a silver Abarth and ride a Specialized (Tarmac).

Gotta ask: Do you drive up by me - Harriman - to ride? Some of my favorite bike routes are now my favorite driving routes.

Going up hiil is soooooo much more fun in the Spider ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool rack! Pricey but that is a ton of CNC work. Very cool rack, bike, and yeah, car!!

I am sure the rack has no issues holding that 14-15 pound machine! Specialized has been doing some great designs the past few years. I ride a BMC, but have been thinking about a Specialized. Love the color combo as well, I have not seen that on the road.
They say the rack is good for 45lbs at 75mph... so I could put 3 of those bikes on it or just drive 200mph with one! ?

I've owned a couple of BMC tri bikes in the past. They make great stuff too. I really just switched to this for my road bike for the disc brakes. I was riding on a few rainy days earlier this season and with carbon rims, the awful braking performance on descents was flat out scary...

That's the Sagan paint scheme and it's great looking in person too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. And funny. I live in NY, have a silver Abarth and ride a Specialized (Tarmac).

Gotta ask: Do you drive up by me - Harriman - to ride? Some of my favorite bike routes are now my favorite driving routes.

Going up hiil is soooooo much more fun in the Spider ;)
I ride up to Bear mount in a few times a year but mostly stay around 9w up to and around Nyack and yes, hills are much more fun in the spider?.

I do like it up there. I've done the Harriman tri a few times. Great roads...

·
Registered
467 Posts
ahh Harriman Tri in May - that is some cold water! I've used the half-iron as prep for Ironman Lake Placid. To this day, I maintain that the Harriman bike is MUCH harder than LP.

I've tried to drive up Perkins twice this year and both times the gate was closed. On the bike, I'd go around it. I guess that's the ONLY downside to taking the Spider there.

Safe riding - distracted drivers (and the Spider) are keeping me off the bike this year.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah I looked at one, it's definitely the best option at present, just so pricey,
I just use my wife's 500x when I ride (3-4 times week)
I need a bike rack, this works! It feels solid, goes on and off easily and looks really cool to me.

It's made by Seasucker. Really nicely built.

Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh Harriman Tri in May - that is some cold water! I've used the half-iron as prep for Ironman Lake Placid. To this day, I maintain that the Harriman bike is MUCH harder than LP.

I've tried to drive up Perkins twice this year and both times the gate was closed. On the bike, I'd go around it. I guess that's the ONLY downside to taking the Spider there.

Safe riding - distracted drivers (and the Spider) are keeping me off the bike this year.
IMLP is a great race. I did it a couple of years ago, next year I'm doing IM Norway ??

Yes, staying safe is the trick these days!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts