Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a mock-up in Adobe Photoshop to simulate what each backround image in the Infotainment Tweaks package would look like installed. In this article you can review the results and download the source file so you can add your own custom image.

http://www.billavista.com/spider/Articles/Backgrounds/

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I didn’t see a Windows 95 logo background :)

Very cool, btw. Saves us from trying everything to see how it looks on the actual screen!

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
801 Posts
+1

Yeah, being able to see how they actually look is fantastic. I personally like the darker, less busy backgrounds. I've chosen this one for now:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is anyone proficient enough to make a quick checklist on making changes

·
Registered
108 Posts
How to quickly go in and swap out the pictures I put in without messing around with the other tweeks. The tweek worked for me the first time over a year ago and I’m a little nervous about messing with it again.

·
Registered
801 Posts
How to quickly go in and swap out the pictures I put in without messing around with the other tweeks. The tweek worked for me the first time over a year ago and I’m a little nervous about messing with it again.
I just did this. I re-ran the tweaks and selected only the background, wrote it to a usb and installed. It didn't alter any of the previous changes that I made. No problems.

·
Super Moderator
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just did this. I re-ran the tweaks and selected only the background, wrote it to a usb and installed. It didn't alter any of the previous changes that I made. No problems.
I would do that the first time, and then if you want to make further subsequent changes to the background, I think you can just take the USB stick and in the root folder, open the <config> folder and then just replace the <background.png> file with the next one you want to try and then put the stick back in the car, without having to run the tweaks program again. I'm pretty sure that will work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I remember right you have to delete the old pictures and then rerun?

·
Super Moderator
998 Posts
Great work!
I have PS7, but it's ignored in favor of Lightroom. Now you've given me a use for it. I have to say your pictures make a fine collection to choose from.
best regards
Petebg

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Question
If we want to change just the background in the nav tweak, how do we do that?
(While maintaining all the other options I selected?)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Love my new background....

Attachments

Reactions: jetlag and Mike34

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Tom which one, the one on the screen or the one behind the screen. So did you get your day lights fixed.

·
Super Moderator
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would do that the first time, and then if you want to make further subsequent changes to the background, I think you can just take the USB stick and in the root folder, open the <config> folder and then just replace the <background.png> file with the next one you want to try and then put the stick back in the car, without having to run the tweaks program again. I'm pretty sure that will work.
And to be clear, if you use this method, the "new" image that you put in the folder you also have to name <background.png>

1 - 20 of 26 Posts