Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow the mere existence of the modern eras Fiat 124 Spiders (1996+ ) eluded me until earlier this year while I was dreaming electric dreams. A FB friend of mine posted a pic of his
a couple of times without any text description or anything and I just thought cool car. Not a Porsche, not a ?? What is it? Not a real close friend It just went into my subconscious mind.
I must have started dreaming about it at a basic level because the next time I saw it, it was on his Instagram post with the make and model and I was hooked. In love.
And damn I was in a pretty good financial place so I honed into the Alfa Romeo/Fiat dealership in Vancouver, Canada and started watching their 4 fully loaded Abarths, one red, one Pearl white, one silver/grey and one black. I came and looked each and every day as I had a car to sell and some odd bucks to save still to pay for it all.

Well, everything clicked yesterday. I sold my old car which I bought new in 2006, sold for a decent price to the 3rd to view it here on the 2nd day listed. I had that 2006 car 13 years and it only had 69,250kms (48k Miles) on it. Nothing like the cars I had in the 80's and 90's. almost driven to the ground.
My Dad has been cheering me on as he knew the money I was saving for some time was for a nicer car. Before I decided on a 124 Spider Abarth, the last 2-3 years I was dreaming electric, possibly a Tesla Model 3, but living in a Condo with not much going for our strata corporation providing charge points gave me daily doubts. I realized this would be my last piston combustion engine so I might as well make it fun!
As soon as I got the extra cash from my car sale in my account on a Friday the 13th, Full Moon, Dad and I went back to talking to the Fiat Alfa Romeo dealership in Vancouver (yesterday) and struck and bargained a deal on an Abarth. Went for the Black. All these 4 are all fully loaded with all the packages, leather seats, Brembo brakes. The first time i talked to the dealer all i knew was all the youtube videos and what i wanted to build and price, I wanted to get the Heritage stripe and just the visibility package but learned it would take 6 months or more. Can't wait so save more and get "loaded" models in less time (no stripe) ! hehe
Well, we moved yesterday as I said.

Now waiting for an investment to be redeemed by Tuesday and get them the bank draft. Really hoping this week i will be able to take delivery and park this in the driveway!
Last night the manager texted me, he knows from all the back and forth texts that we live a 40-minute car ferry away and a 25-minute drive as well from their dealership in Vancouver.
They offered to pick us up from the ferry terminal near Vancouver. If we took the car to the mainland we would have to pay for 2 cars return on the ferry. That was such a nice touch!

I found this forum 3 weeks ago and have been reading all I can, looks like such a great community. I hope I love driving the Spider as much as you all!
I wonder how long it will take for me to get the MODDERS Spider bite! Woohoo!

This is my baby waiting for me at the dealer's lot, and I don't have a name for her yet!

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.45.41 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.42.09 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.45.33 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.45.51 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.46.03 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 11.46.14 AM.jpg

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Welcome. You even choose the right color, although I hope you're not too OCD :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

I have the black as well, it suits the car... but put a protective coating on it asap as it will be a devil to keep clean and in good condition!

Honestly an amazing drivers car, have fun!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, triple black, that's a sinister look! Welcome, you will love the first drive home, it's magic.

Think about getting the Stubby antenna from Cravenspeed, it's black as well, and a huge improvement.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Get it coated! Ceramic Pro, and Xpel PPF front cover. That mazda paint is pitiful and if it is shiny now keep it that way and protect it right away. Best 1500.00 I ever spent. I did rims, calipers all exterior surfaces. Washes take 15 minutes and no more waxing! I did not do the top with ceramic as the chemical guys protectant is phenomenal. Beads water like the ceramic coating, and it was easy to apply. I did tape off the black plastic around the area but still easy to do.
Beautiful ride, best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Somehow the mere existence of the modern eras Fiat 124 Spiders (1996+ ) eluded me until earlier this year while I was dreaming electric dreams. A FB friend of mine posted a pic of his
a couple of times without any text description or anything and I just thought cool car. Not a Porsche, not a ?? What is it? Not a real close friend It just went into my subconscious mind.
I must have started dreaming about it at a basic level because the next time I saw it, it was on his Instagram post with the make and model and I was hooked. In love.
And damn I was in a pretty good financial place so I honed into the Alfa Romeo/Fiat dealership in Vancouver, Canada and started watching their 4 fully loaded Abarths, one red, one Pearl white, one silver/grey and one black. I came and looked each and every day as I had a car to sell and some odd bucks to save still to pay for it all.

Well, everything clicked yesterday. I sold my old car which I bought new in 2006, sold for a decent price to the 3rd to view it here on the 2nd day listed. I had that 2006 car 13 years and it only had 69,250kms (48k Miles) on it. Nothing like the cars I had in the 80's and 90's. almost driven to the ground.
My Dad has been cheering me on as he knew the money I was saving for some time was for a nicer car. Before I decided on a 124 Spider Abarth, the last 2-3 years I was dreaming electric, possibly a Tesla Model 3, but living in a Condo with not much going for our strata corporation providing charge points gave me daily doubts. I realized this would be my last piston combustion engine so I might as well make it fun!
As soon as I got the extra cash from my car sale in my account on a Friday the 13th, Full Moon, Dad and I went back to talking to the Fiat Alfa Romeo dealership in Vancouver (yesterday) and struck and bargained a deal on an Abarth. Went for the Black. All these 4 are all fully loaded with all the packages, leather seats, Brembo brakes. The first time i talked to the dealer all i knew was all the youtube videos and what i wanted to build and price, I wanted to get the Heritage stripe and just the visibility package but learned it would take 6 months or more. Can't wait so save more and get "loaded" models in less time (no stripe) ! hehe
Well, we moved yesterday as I said.

Now waiting for an investment to be redeemed by Tuesday and get them the bank draft. Really hoping this week i will be able to take delivery and park this in the driveway!
Last night the manager texted me, he knows from all the back and forth texts that we live a 40-minute car ferry away and a 25-minute drive as well from their dealership in Vancouver.
They offered to pick us up from the ferry terminal near Vancouver. If we took the car to the mainland we would have to pay for 2 cars return on the ferry. That was such a nice touch!

I found this forum 3 weeks ago and have been reading all I can, looks like such a great community. I hope I love driving the Spider as much as you all!
I wonder how long it will take for me to get the MODDERS Spider bite! Woohoo!

This is my baby waiting for me at the dealer's lot, and I don't have a name for her yet!

View attachment 73106

View attachment 73103

View attachment 73105

View attachment 73107

View attachment 73108

View attachment 73109
Congratulations Boss. I live in Vancouver so I may see you one of these fine days. I have a Blanco Perla Abarth, fully loaded from the same dealership!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
nope...don't like it....needs more RED BITS!

LOL

Congrats and welcome aboard. You are going to have a blast with your new Nubian goddess.

aloha mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope...don't like it....needs more RED BITS!

LOL

Congrats and welcome aboard. You are going to have a blast with your new Nubian goddess.

aloha mike
Thanks Mike,

My third day with "Lucretia" and I am blown away! Too bad that the forecast is for continued rain although Friday and Saturday I had the top down. Trying to put on the first 1000kms on is hard but I think I can manage!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I hear the roar of a big machine
Two worlds and in between
Hot metal and methedrine
I hear empire down
I hear empire down
Love lost, fire at will
Dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
Dive, bombers, and
Empire down
Empire down
I hear the sons of the city and dispossessed
Get down, get undressed
Get pretty but you and me
We got the kingdom, we got the key
We got the empire, now as then
We don't doubt, we don't take direction
Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me
We look hard
We look through
We look hard to see for real
Such things I hear, they don't make sense
I don't see much evidence
I don't feel, I don't feel, I don't Feel
A long train held up by page on page
A hard reign held up by rage
Once a railroad
Now it's done
Hot metal and methedrine
I hear empire down
We don't doubt, we don't take reflection
Lucretia, my direction, dance the ghost with me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hot metal and methedrine
I hear empire down
I hear empire down
Love lost, fire at will
Dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
Dive, bombers, and
Empire down
Empire down
I hear the sons of the city and dispossessed
Get down, get undressed
Get pretty but you and me
We got the kingdom, we got the key
We don't doubt, we don't take direction
Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me
We look hard
We look through
We look hard to see for real
Such things I hear, they don't make sense
I don't see much evidence
I don't feel, I don't feel, I don't Feel
A long train held up by page on page
A hard reign held up by rage
Once a railroad
Now it's done
Hot metal and methedrine
I hear empire down
We don't doubt, we don't take reflection
Lucretia, my direction, dance the ghost with me
YES!! You've got it sharkcohen!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me too it kicks! Funny but it was a friend who suggested her name and I slept on it two nights. Read about the story of Lucretia online. Being an old 80's Goth I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Congrats. Now just be really careful hanging out here. This forum has an uncanny ability to empty your wallet :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts