Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I got my 2018 Abarth on April 13th, 2019 from Eastside Dodge in Calgary.
Been having a great time so far with it and am already over 11,000 km mostly highway.
It has been back to the shop a few times for some minor issues (CEL codes P0137 and P2096)
They changed the o2 sensor and that didn't work so they changed the PCM which cleared code P0137.
Recently I had code P2096 appear and they found an exhaust leak between the cat and the exhaust. They tightened the nuts and the code went away.
They also found my water pump to be leaking and ordered a new part which will be here in a week.
Great service but it is a bit of a hassle to have things break but it is better to find it sooner than later...
Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
OMG, that a lot of issues for a new car with so few clicks on it. Hopefully all gets sorted and it's clear running from then on. Enjoy your Spider. It's a great fun car to drive (as you know).

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's a shame we're in for a week of crappy cold and rainy weather in this part of Alberta. Not prime Spider driving conditions. Sorry to hear about the issues with the new ride, but it sounds like you have things sorted out now. Enjoy that new ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,
I got my 2018 Abarth on April 13th, 2019 from Eastside Dodge in Calgary.
Been having a great time so far with it and am already over 11,000 km mostly highway.
It has been back to the shop a few times for some minor issues (CEL codes P0137 and P2096)
They changed the o2 sensor and that didn't work so they changed the PCM which cleared code P0137.
Recently I had code P2096 appear and they found an exhaust leak between the cat and the exhaust. They tightened the nuts and the code went away.
They also found my water pump to be leaking and ordered a new part which will be here in a week.
Great service but it is a bit of a hassle to have things break but it is better to find it sooner than later...
Cheers!
Getting rid of my Abarth, tons of mods available if your interested. Live in Calgary.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bud, if you're also "[email protected]", you can ignore the rest of this.

If not, and if you're interested, drop me a PM here on the site and we'll keep in touch. I'm gradually building a small group of Spider owners here in Calgary (and by small, I mean four of us so far.... lol), and we had our first "test road trip" earlier this month. A quick run to Elbow Falls, with a picnic lunch stop on the way back.

My plan is to do some better planning and scheduling for next year, and hope to pull togethre even more owners for a fun weekend drive (or two). Also, if the weather seems decent, I'll be at the Cars & Coffee at Cardell Homes this Tuesday night. And, I hope you managed to get your vehicle issues ironed out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts