Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to give a hint of color to my black Abarth; and was in love with the white model with black heritage strip and red mirrors and spoiler lip; although I was not able to find one, so settled for a mean black on black Abarth.

I did not find many examples of how the black model would look like with some hints of color; but I noticed that some wrapped the mirrors and spoiler lip in red, so it may be a nice touch. Do you think it is nice to do any cosmetic add-on for the black exterior?

I am open to suggestions :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am trying to give a hint of color to my black Abarth; and was in love with the white model with black heritage strip and red mirrors and spoiler lip; although I was not able to find one, so settled for a mean black on black Abarth.

I did not find many examples of how the black model would look like with some hints of color; but I noticed that some wrapped the mirrors and spoiler lip in red, so it may be a nice touch. Do you think it is nice to do any cosmetic add-on for the black exterior?

Love the red mirrors and lip on Black on Black Heritage stripe! I think that combo looks amazing

·
Registered
134 Posts

New wheels! Get lighter weight for better ride & handling. Color of your choice,

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do it !!!!

TBH I test drove a black on black and I thought that combo lost something - found it a bit amorphous. Those dashes of red will give a definite lift. Use wrapping if you are not convinced

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems indeed loosing something when the car is all red; the lines are a bit lost; which is why I preferred white with black strip and red for the mirrors and lip, but can't find one in Abarth trim with manual transmission around the area...so I did settle for the black on black.

I like the wheel, to be honest; maybe too shiny for my taste, but the coating is nice and the shape is also fitting the car :) I may try wrapping first; in this way I can always remove it if I don't like it. Is it hard to wrap? I heard that you use a heat gun to put it on the car, and it leave no marks on the plastic or the metal finishing.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wrapping

You can't wrap the plastic where the lip goes, it won't stick. So you need to buy the lip. Attaches with 3M HD double sided auto tape. Super easy. I added clear film before I attached it since it is low and going to get damaged by road debris

Personally since you have to remove the mirrors caps to wrap the well, you might as well buy those. Posts here on how to do that by popping off the glass, etc.

Then both are reversible and selling the red ones likely won't prove to be challenging. Though I bet you love it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would definitly go with the red lips / towing cap / mirror caps on a black Abarth! Get them on eBay, be sure to get the red mirror caps from Europe, the NA red caps are Rosso and does not match the lips / towing caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
The black on black is pretty bad-ass on its own, ergo the Scorpione version. But as seen above with Wolf18t's Abarth, the red looks good too. I'd say it's entirely subjective, so do what you like. Beauty of it is you can always go back to the stock version if you change your mind.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We used a 3m red tape on the upper part on my Abarth only. Looks good, calling it a tongue (wink). A gf is a customizer for dealers and she placed on the car.
Reason I elected this design is because I reside in AZ, land of stones. Cars are constantly being pelted with road debri. Unless you add a protective film, it will see some pitting and impingements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts