Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chrome badge on the back was driving me crazy, so I went ahead and Plasti Dipped it today. It was quick, easy and painless :D

Finished Results

Taping off

After 4 coats

Peeling

Almost there!

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it peeled off, all I had to do after was use a toothpick to get it of the middle of 4. Hopefully it holds up well!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice job!

I need to figure something out too

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks good...anything is better than chrome to me. I took mine off, painted it and reapplied it with new 3M Tape...turned out pretty nice and matches my exhaust tips. Next up is the center sections of my tail lights...

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks great! I always thought it was strange that the only piece of chrome on the car was on that tiny badge.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Let us know when you do the silver trims on the steering wheel and around the shifter boot. A satin surface on these parts does not prevent very annoying sun glare.

Steve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good...anything is better than chrome to me. I took mine off, painted it and reapplied it with new 3M Tape...turned out pretty nice and matches my exhaust tips. Next up is the center sections of my tail lights...
Yours looks awesome! Did you paint/coat the exhaust tips or are they aftermarket?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yours looks awesome! Did you paint/coat the exhaust tips or are they aftermarket?
The tips are 3 1/2" aftermarket tips, which I picked out at the exhaust shop who sent them out for powder coating and they made my muffler delete setup.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Let us know when you do the silver trims on the steering wheel and around the shifter boot. A satin surface on these parts does not prevent very annoying sun glare.

Steve.
TBH the sun glare is worst from the (very long hood, which explains why the original Abarth has a black bonnet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts