Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Black wrap heritage stripe

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  malabarmcgyver 
#1 ·
Considering getting this done and have a few questions, for those that have it:

The shark fin XM antenna: how was this handled? It looks like too complex curves for wrap;
The 124spider chrome badge: removing is likely straight forward, but did it get reapplied after wrapping?
It the spoiler removed from the trunk, and wrapped separately to fill the gap?
How easy is it to remove the front Abarth badge?

Any recommendations in the Detroit area? I was looking at Motor City Wraps.

#5 ·
Agree. The wrap shop I used did an amazing job on the fin, although they did have to take it off. They left the two giant Abarth badges attached though, and just wrapped around them. The chrome "124Spider" badge was removed and I was told to just get a new one for best adhesion, which I did for $25. Regarding the spoiler gap, they just wrapped into the crease without removal. Probably best to review all these points when getting estimates, as I'm sure approaches vary. My wrap was only $650 and I'm pleased. But if you want insane Ferrari level OCD perfection expect to pay up to $3K.

Reactions: SJWhiteley
#7 ·
Thanks. I guess as long as I get a good company, they'll do the right thing.

#8 ·
One last suggestion. Be sure and clay bar your car before you send it in, as surface imperfections in the paint might become visible through the wrap.

#9 ·
I think I'm going to get this done within the next week or two. Can anyone tell me exactly what type of material to ask for? Is it matte or satin or other? What about color for wrapping the mirrors? Is there a specific red to ask for?

Also, what kind of maintenance is required for wraps? Anything special like soaps or avoiding washing seams or something? I'm new to all this, but I love the look of the euro abarths. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated!

#11 ·
thanks for this. I was hoping to go in person, as a couple of places have not got back to me. Today, I was fighting a front sway bar install, so maybe next week. Appreciate it!

#13 ·
I used flat black on mine after comparing their flat and satin black wrap sampler to actual European 124 Abarth photos

Attachments

#16 ·
Wrap

I am using 3M 1080 Satin Black. I prefer a bit of luster, but no shine. I wrapped my mirrors after work tonight in 3M 1080 Carmine Red Gloss. I hope to have the hood and trunk done this weekend. The wrap guys wanted $700 and even though I have never "wrapped" before, I am pretty certain that I can do a reasonably good job and the materials were only about $100. Even if I screw up, it is only $100 and I may learn a new skill. The white dot in the picture is a reflection of the moon - not a defect.

Regards,

Jeff

Attachments

Reactions: wolf18t
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.