Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all...after seeing @sharkcohens install of the TORQUE SOLUTIONS BLOW-OFF VALVE ADAPTER

I decided I'd pull the trigger and install it. Simple install as I already had the GBF DV +.

Just need longer bolts 5mm allens(request them in the notes when ordering). I noticed while installing you can decided which orientation you want for the blow-off vents. Up, down, sideways etc.

I just installed with one vent up and one down. But it got me thinking.

Is there preferred orientation for the blow-off valve? Both down?

Should one worry about debris or even water from getting into the blow-off valve? Or being that its "blowing out" there's nothing to worry about?

aloha!

oh the blow off isn't very loud either...so that I'm happy about. I don't need a huge whistle!!!

forgot to mention....that nick in the housing was like that directly from the packaging...seemed small enough that it wasn't a major concern. Plus.. I figured if i did try and return it..they'ed think I dropped it.

Attachments

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I installed the vent ports one up, one down facing drivers side. I thought a port on the third face might be blocked by the EC intake, seeing as it rides right against it.

Reactions: Mike34
1 - 2 of 2 Posts