Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove through the Blue Ridge Parkway this past weekend while heading home from a (socially distant) wedding. Was about a 2 hour cruise from the southern end before hitting the highway toward home.

It’s a beautiful drive and really got to “feel” the fun with all the twists and turns on the parkway. Anyone looking for a fun road trip I highly recommend the parkway. Ended up putting about 650 miles on the car over the weekend which was the longest drive so far.

I also ended up riding behind a string of Miatas for a good bit who waved me on to follow them while I was turning out from an overlook which was pretty fun.

Here are some pics!
E12F3A3D-CA63-41D2-B732-C9B84C622F3E.jpeg

·
Registered
131 Posts
It sure is a gorgeous ride, in the perfect vehicle....I guess they fixed all the major road washouts they had in the early spring..... Great top-down trip!

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
278 Posts
Yes it is. Just wish it wasn't a 45 mph highway. Those federal speeding tickets are very pricey.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My bride and I used to trailer our Harley's to a lodge on top of Beech Mountain usually in the fall to enjoy the colors. We would then trailer down to the first rest stop on the parkway and unload and set up there and then ride all day up and down the parkway stopping to eat lunch and such. That is where we honeymooned over 41 years ago, lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I spent many Sunday afternoons on a motorcycle on the parkway when we were young. The first trip I have planned once my 124 arrives is to drive the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway including the Skyline Drive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I miss those roads. I used to enjoy them when I lived in Charlottesville. No Spider then, but everything can't always be perfect.

Reactions: shmurda_al

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm less than an hour away from the north entrance to Skyline Drive. Can't wait to leaf-peep with the top down.

Reactions: shmurda_al

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've seen a black Abarth on Reston Parkway a few times. One of you guys?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yep, probably me! Look for the small Canadian Flag and the James Bond tribute license plate...
Each time I've seen you I'm either walking (live in north Reston) or driving my wife's car, so didn't bother waving. Should get a local cruise going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely!

I'm driving a black Classica, usually on GW Pkwy in McLean or River Rd up through Potomac, MD on weekends when I drive my daughter to activities. Some decent roads up past Poolesville and Darnestown.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That part of the country is beautiful, some of the most fun driving road in the nation. I am in the midwest. I take just about every new "fun" car to the area. I believe I have been to that area 7 times. Love the Tail of the Dragon. Still shopping for a Abarth but my first road trip will probably be to the Blue Ridge and Tail. I love the Fontana area.

For now I have to live vicariously through you guys. I would love to see more pics!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts