Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On an iPhone 6, I'm once again having bluetooth issues with my abarth (without the Bose package if that matters). It seems to connect just fine, and is selectable in the Audio Sources. The phone thinks it's playing, and "124 spider" is the device it's connected to. But nothing is coming out the speakers.

I have noticed that activating Siri does "place a call", and 2 directional voice works fine through the car there. But podcasts, music, spotify - nothing.

I unpaired the devices and re-paired them. I turned off the car, let it sit for about 30 seconds, turned off the phone and did the same - nothing.

Trying to connect via USB just sits there trying to do anything (never actually thinks its playing anything). Once I got a "failure to authenticate" message.

This happened once before several months back, and seemingly completely resolved itself by me just thinking about bringing it to the dealer. I tried everything I could think of on my 40 minute commute this morning, and may have to bring it in after all if it doesn't resolve itself again.

Anyone else have similar issues? Any suggestions on what to try?

TIA,

Seth

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
what iOS are you running? I wonder if that matters. Did you do any tweaks to the entertainment system? I have the 6 plus and running iOS 10.3.3 no real issues...

maybe once or twice a hicc-up. but i relate that to my tweaking the settings.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had a similar situation the other day where my podcast app looked like it was working, but no sound was coming out. I restarted the app and all was well. You might try restarting your phone.

Reactions: SteveWy

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
@rfreschner he said he did restart his phone...

I unpaired the devices and re-paired them. I turned off the car, let it sit for about 30 seconds, turned off the phone and did the same - nothing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do you have the phone's volume turned down? If it's turned down it may not be sending audio thru the connection. Would that way in Android at least.

On an iPhone 6, I'm once again having bluetooth issues with my abarth (without the Bose package if that matters). It seems to connect just fine, and is selectable in the Audio Sources. The phone thinks it's playing, and "124 spider" is the device it's connected to. But nothing is coming out the speakers.

I have noticed that activating Siri does "place a call", and 2 directional voice works fine through the car there. But podcasts, music, spotify - nothing.

Trying to connect via USB just sits there trying to do anything (never actually thinks its playing anything). Once I got a "failure to authenticate" message.

This happened once before several months back, and seemingly completely resolved itself by me just thinking about bringing it to the dealer. I tried everything I could think of on my 40 minute commute this morning, and may have to bring it in after all if it doesn't resolve itself again.

Anyone else have similar issues? Any suggestions on what to try?

TIA,

Seth

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ahhhhh....the old volume in the O F F position trick....that's the second time this week I've fallen for that!

Reactions: kpoling

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have the phone's volume turned down? If it's turned down it may not be sending audio thru the connection. Would that way in Android at least.
Good thought, but volume is at max/no mute on (though when its working, like now, the mute switch doesn't seem to have any effect on Bluetooth). I think I just need to let it sit for a few hours and reset something internal on the car. Sometimes I hate technology.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what iOS are you running? I wonder if that matters. Did you do any tweaks to the entertainment system? I have the 6 plus and running iOS 10.3.3 no real issues...

maybe once or twice a hicc-up. but i relate that to my tweaking the settings.
I did upgrade to iOS11, but its worked fine both before and after the update. It's done it once before (no sound, despite connection, during entire 45 minute commute) on iOS 10.x.

No tweaks so far (though have considered going that route too, if I end up bringing it in I'd rather have a non-tweaked system to demonstrate the issue).

Thanks for the ideas!

Seth

·
Registered
534 Posts
@Seth Burgess - did you ever get this sorted out? It appears that I now have the same issue. Also on iOS 11.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have run an iphone 6 a SE and an iphone 7 with iOS 10 and 11 and everything has worked fine in my situation. Only thing I have noticed is iOS 11 takes about 3 seconds longer to connect. I hve used the entertainment system tweak so mute also pauses my playback.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Seth Burgess - did you ever get this sorted out? It appears that I now have the same issue. Also on iOS 11.
I kind of wish I was totally alone in this - sorry you're having the same issues.

It magically fixes itself after it sits for a day/night for me. It's happened twice in the last week though, which is certainly concerning.

One other thing that I noticed is that if I try to connect via USB, it just hangs trying to sync. Something's clearly not happy on the Fiat side of things.

I may just have to get an Aux cable (in red of course, to match stitching) to have a fallback - listening to the car is good and fine if you're on a track, but my commute is less spirited...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I kind of wish I was totally alone in this - sorry you're having the same issues.

It magically fixes itself after it sits for a day/night for me. It's happened twice in the last week though, which is certainly concerning.

One other thing that I noticed is that if I try to connect via USB, it just hangs trying to sync. Something's clearly not happy on the Fiat side of things.

I may just have to get an Aux cable (in red of course, to match stitching) to have a fallback - listening to the car is good and fine if you're on a track, but my commute is less spirited...
Yes, I noticed mine was working today - for how long, who knows. I'm having the same issue with USB just hanging.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Happened again on Friday. Just ordered the Aux cable from Amazon - hopefully that's still working.
Let us know how you make out with that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
.....have same issue with my iPhone 6s, Bluetooth cuts in and out. I have to use the “stop-pause” button on interface to get it going, or restart phone.
Living with it but have my old iPod which has 1500 songs...using that with the aux. cable.
On another note I see it says “XM” dimmed in menu. I have Sirius but I guess the car isn’t equipped with the sat availability....no shark fin.
Def miss my bimmer interface with Sirius.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.....have same issue with my iPhone 6s, Bluetooth cuts in and out. I have to use the “stop-pause” button on interface to get it going, or restart phone.
I think that's a different problem - nothing I do can make music come out when it gets in the bad state, other than get out of the car and wait a few hours. Now that I've got an Aux cable maybe it'll be scared into behaving...

·
Registered
534 Posts
The Aux input still seems to work fine even when the bluetooth/usb audio interfaces are non-functional. So workaround achieved!
That's good to know. I'll have to pick one up for when mine starts acting up again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it has been a year since the last post, but I have the same problem as Seth with my iPhone, it would not play via Bluetooth connection and would not load via USB. It happened last night. Did anybody talk to a dealer, aux is not the solution to this problem?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts