Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new 2019 124 Spider Abarth. Bought it in 2020; it was never titled. Once I got the car home I noticed when looking from behind a distinct lean toward the driver side. Measurements from top center of the rear fender wells differ by 1/2 inch. I have not spoken with the dealer yet. Just looking for any feedback from the forum right now.
Tim K

·
Registered
513 Posts
Normal. I had a 0.25" greater height in the passenger rear than the driver rear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a common occurrence in some cars. Its because of your weight on the one side. If your always by yourself it just compresses a little on your side. Nothing to worry about but you might want to get it checked if it gets worse.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've got a new 2019 124 Spider Abarth. Bought it in 2020; it was never titled. Once I got the car home I noticed when looking from behind a distinct lean toward the driver side. Measurements from top center of the rear fender wells differ by 1/2 inch. I have not spoken with the dealer yet. Just looking for any feedback from the forum right now.
Tim K
Search "measure ride height" and then check out/click on the conversation "Car doesn't sit level; leans toward the driver's side".
You will find much useful information with a detailed explanation of how to accurately measure your car's ride height and determine whether or not it is or is not within spec.
What you're describing is not unusual. I had/have the same situation with my 2020 Abarth. After taking all the measurements I found my car is within specs and that the visual difference is in fact far worse than the actual physical difference.
With my car both the right front and right rear sit .125" (1/8") high while the left front is at the desired 14.5" center of axle to bottom of fender and the left rear is .125" (1/8") low. An 1/8", not a huge amount on any one paw. So looking at my Abarth from the rear the right side physically is .250" (1/4") higher than the left side although visually it sometimes appears more than that. And as stated, once this difference is seen it is difficult to unsee it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I would put some 100lbs weight on the passenger side to balance it. Check if tires are deflated or worn off on the driver's side and size, if OK, then put a 17 x 35 or 40 x 205 on the passenger side that should do it. o_O

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
The Helmoltz chamber on the System One exhaust will help balance it out.

Reactions: alltimesaresoon

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would put some 100lbs weight on the passenger side to balance it. Check if tires are deflated or worn off on the driver's side and size, if OK, then put a 17 x 35 or 40 x 205 on the passenger side that should do it. o_O
Are you serious or taking the piss???????????

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,359 Posts
Huh? Doesn’t everyone load boxes of lead in their cars?

Reactions: sharkcohen
1 - 13 of 13 Posts