Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email today assigning to me a member of their team who will contact me shortly.

Things are beginning to happen.:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Abarth owners:
I believe Bondurants email was triggered by my response to the fiat winter news email I received first.
What I did; open the Bondurant page in that email and provide the information requested. My Bondurant email came the next day.
My car was registered for this program earlier, and that might be what got everything rolling, so register your Abarth!

Go.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Great news! Thanks for the update. I will be busy "refreshing" now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stelvio: WNY, N.E. Ohio, close enough for a chance meeting, but remote. I have a black abarth, auto,brembo. Maybe we'll meet in Ariz, but I fear my a/t might disqualify me.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Stelvio: WNY, N.E. Ohio, close enough for a chance meeting, but remote. I have a black abarth, auto,brembo. Maybe we'll meet in Ariz, but I fear my a/t might disqualify me.
You drive Bondurant's Abarths, not your own car. Because of liability they inspect them daily and keep them track ready. That they would own any a/t's will be iffy, but who knows these days. If you know how to drive a manual you should be fine. I haven't owned a stick in 20 years but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly if that's all they have available.

Reactions: Godina

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Great news Jim! You got your car some months ago, so are at the top of their list. I haven't heard anything since providing the with my information.

Pete

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news Jim! You got your car some months ago, so are at the top of their list. I haven't heard anything since providing the with my information.

Pete
Watch for the Fiat winter news email, open it and respond to the Bondurant section.
You'll get it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You drive Bondurant's Abarths, not your own car. Because of liability they inspect them daily and keep them track ready. That they would own any a/t's will be iffy, but who knows these days. If you know how to drive a manual you should be fine. I haven't owned a stick in 20 years but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly if that's all they have available.
LBJ thanks for the info. Not counting motorcycles, it has been since the mid 70's since I have driven a stick. Motorcycles about early 90's. Like you, I think I would catch on "PDQ".

·
Registered
958 Posts
LBJ thanks for the info. Not counting motorcycles, it has been since the mid 70's since I have driven a stick. Motorcycles about early 90's. Like you, I think I would catch on "PDQ".
I have been driving my '87 Alfa and my '17 Fiat off an on for the last week and every time I switch to the Lusso, my left foot searches for the clutch. :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great that there are two ways to manual shift the automatic Abarth: 1. The paddle shifters 2. The gear knob. I was practicing with both today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been driving my '87 Alfa and my '17 Fiat off an on for the last week and every time I switch to the Lusso, my left foot searches for the clutch. :D
I remember that left foot problem. Rust removal requires a little time and patience.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Plotted a motorcycle path across NY once using Ski Resorts in a "connect the dots" fashion. It turned out to be a great way to find some fun roads. Enjoyed the trip very much. Mine is an Aluminum Abarth with manual transmission but also Brembo brakes. Not many of those here yet. If you have ridden motorcycles or any kind of stick, this car will make you feel like your getting on the proverbial bicycle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plotted a motorcycle path across NY once using Ski Resorts in a "connect the dots" fashion. It turned out to be a great way to find some fun roads. Enjoyed the trip very much. Mine is an Aluminum Abarth with manual transmission but also Brembo brakes. Not many of those here yet. If you have ridden motorcycles or any kind of stick, this car will make you feel like your getting on the proverbial bicycle.
You found a nice route. Stimulating routes can be found everywhere in the N.E., especially Pa. Pa. has a reputation of not having a straight road anywhere. Too bad it's a short season.

·
Banned
425 Posts
You found a nice route. Stimulating routes can be found everywhere in the N.E., especially Pa. Pa. has a reputation of not having a straight road anywhere. Too bad it's a short season.
I agree about PA. That whole trip that began with New York I titled the Northeast Mountain tour because it included the Adirondacks, the Green, Mount Washington road ( not to be missed), and after a turn-around in Boston, the Berkshires, the Catskills, the Poconos, across the Northern tier of PA through the Highlands. Lots of great roads, each area special in its own way. Did motorcycle rides through a lot of the Appalachians in states like VA, NC, TN SC and West Virginia including the Tail of The Dragon several times.. Flew down to Atlanta once and picked up one new motorcycle in Northern Georgia and rode it home from there. But in all my travels, I have not found more entertaining roads than those down in S.E. Ohio. Technically challenging, virtually empty of traffic, with maybe not spectacular but longingly beautiful views. Just foothills, but when you are up on those ridge lines with clear views all around as far as you eye can see, you feel like you are on top of the world. Can't wait to do them in the FIAT and see how the fun compares. If you get a chance to get down that way, let me know and I will share some of my favorite maps.
Could you send me the link you found in the FIAT newsletter that connected you to the Bondurant School? I registered somewhere else, and it looked like it went through, but I have heard nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bondurant contact

OK, I received an email from someone at the Bondurant School in Phoenix over the holiday weekend contacting me on behalf of the school and FCA. Attached to the email was a brochure that shows two classes. One is a one-day intensive course ("80% seat time") that includes hot laps, etc. The other is called a rally course and seems to be driving around the area surrounding Phoenix in a Fiat convoy on roads and stopping for lunch and sightseeing.

Here's the thing, the track course is listed at $999 and the rally at $499, they also list local hotels, etc. There is no mention of this being gratis for Fiat owners but maybe the brochure is made for wider distribution and so includes prices for non-owners?

As soon as I figure out when I would be able to get out there I will ask the Bondurant contact some specific stuff--like who is paying?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received no such notice regarding fees. I think your abarth registration has not been fully processed yet and you might have jumped the gun a bit. The link I posted came to me in an email from Fiat approx. one month after I registered my abarth.
A rep. from Bondurant did call me, but my vin was not on file with them yet, and they had only received a handful of vin's from FCA at that time.
I will just wait for their next contact or until my patience runs out.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I received no such notice regarding fees. I think your abarth registration has not been fully processed yet and you might have jumped the gun a bit. The link I posted came to me in an email from Fiat approx. one month after I registered my abarth.
A rep. from Bondurant did call me, but my vin was not on file with them yet, and they had only received a handful of vin's from FCA at that time.
I will just wait for their next contact or until my patience runs out.
Spring training starts at the end of February. That timing works for me. I don't want to be driving around with the top down in 120 degree heat.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I am going to send them an email at this address I obtained from their website. [email protected]
I will let you know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update

Got a call this morning from Sara Life, Director of Fiat Trackside Experience at Bondurant. She was calling to try to stake out a date for me to come to Bondurant. Since I can't go in the next few months she is going to keep me updated on future dates. She did explain that the one-day track program, which is listed in the brochure I mentioned above at $1000, is paid for by Fiat. Any additional programs you want to take with the school are at your own expense.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts