Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Great day today at Bondurant Racing School in Arizona! The 124 is absolutely amazing when pushed to the limits.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell us more
Well, you get to drive it as you would never be able to legally drive it on the streets, i.e., running through slalom courses at 25-40 mph, emergency braking while changing lanes at the same time, timed auto-cross, etc. Toward the end of the day they put a helmet on you and you get to follow a professional driver around the main Bondurant track at increasing speeds. Since you learn the limits of the car it can make you a safer and more confident driver.

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Hi Jim,
It was a pleasure to meet you and the group of owners at the school yesterday. I want to echo your comments and encourage others to go to this school. We also were treated to meeting Bob Bondurant! He told me he was very impressed with the capabilities of the Abarth. So much for those who turn up their noses at our cars. We got it right!
This day made me a safer and more capable driver. We did things that aren't possible on public roads and the experience of chasing the instructors on the track was a blast.
Best Regards
Pete

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for sharing gentlemen.

I've only owned mine for 3 weeks, so I'm still learning how to really drive it.

Each time I read these "reports" it makes want to go even more. Rapidly becoming a buck list item!

If more details come to mind, please keep sharing. Thanks again!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also, if you have a second day you might consider the Bondurant Road Rally through the desert. Classic Arizona scenery, i.e., thousands of Saguaro's and rugged mountains. You can drive the Bondurant Abarths or save 50% if you drive your own, which is what I did. Nice way to round out your visit.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one is my favorite.

View attachment 16689

best regards
Pete
It was commendable how Mr. Bondurant spent a significant amount of time mixing with us, particularly out on the slalom & auto-cross track.

A pleasure meeting you, Pete. Nice photos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts